autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Vacuum, Steamer & Cleaner

Hey guys,

Long-time buyer of AGO, member on the forums for quite a bit, but don't post often. Just lurk .

I'm in the market for a dry/wet vacuum, a decent sized steamer, and a carpet cleaner I can use on a couple cars that I work on. Nothing too fancy is needed, seeing as I do mostly exterior work anyways.

I've been reading up on the McCulloch Steamer, and for the price and reviews looks like one of the best bangs for the buck:
    Steam Cleaner Kit

In terms of dry/wet vac, I'm most likely looking to go with the shopvac:

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-96894...=dry%2Fwet+vac

Now here's where I'm stuck..the cleaner. I've spent a couple hours reading up on reviews, and see that Bissell makes an "auto" carpet cleaner, and looks very portable. (Mind you, I do travel a bit for when I help others with their cars, so I have to keep portable in mind)

Amazon.com - BISSELL SpotClean Auto Portable Cleaner for Carpet & Cars, 7786A -

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vacuum, Steamer & Cleaner

I dont have a lot of experiance with different kinds but the Bissle LGM is kick butt and works really well. from the looks of it, yours is about the same thing just nicer looking. I think you will be fine with it. Im wanting to get a fresher unit that might keep the water hotter than the one I presently use.

been wanting to grab that steam cleaner also. Let us know how it works for ya!

Do you really need a 14 gallon vac? I have done lots with just the 10 gallon for way less(40 bucks at Lowes right now) money. I ahve bought a few extra attachments that are handy like the upolstry topper and the "claw" worth getting!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What cleaner product do you use with your LGM?

As for the steam cleaner, will do! Been eyeing it for a while.

As for the shopvac, I was just looking at the "max hp." I was reading you should really get something above 4 or higher..hence why I went with the one I linked.

Post Thanks / Like

lol ok I just went with what I could afford,, and ill tell you, i have vacumed up broken glass (dont recomend that as it will eat your motor up!) and honestly i have no complaints. bigger is nicer but if you are toting it aound,, that unit is 25 pounds verses much lighter,, oh hey, this one is 4hp also Shop Shop-Vac 10-Gallon 4-Peak HP Shop Vacuum at Lowes.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The one you linked, that looks like it's dry only..unless I'm reading it wrong. Don't see anything that says "wet" on there.

Post Thanks / Like

you look in the specs it says built in drain.. Every shop vac will do water, you just remove the filter and the little cage taht hold s the ball-stop is there. most dont say "wet" anymore it just goes with out saying. "Wet vac" and Shop vac" are mainly brands now also. just like everyone calls a cola drink a coke.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah okay! Had no idea haha