autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Top One Step Products

Have recently moved into detailing for money on the side. So I have tried out a few polishes or cleaner waxes as a one step product. Just wanted to get a feel for what you guys might consider your go to products. Some that I liked have been the klasse aio but I find it gets really dusty. Xmt 360 was also on my list to try. But upon reading Mike's guide to cleaner wax's I found some people recommended Menzerna products. I looked them up and go torn between the fg-400 and the sf-4000. Any thoughts for a good one step product for mostly daily drivers?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not familiar with sf-4000, but fg 400 is a compound not an AIO. I like HD Speed, Xmt 360 and am about to try Meguiars d151 in a couple days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top One Step Products

I like optimum polish II as I have had great results with it. I change to a cutting pad and I can get out most swirls. Polishing pad and it leaves the surface looking like glass. No fillers is a plus as well.

Post Thanks / Like

i use XMT 360 as my AIO, i also have a Dodo Juice one, but haven't tried that one yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you want and All In One product that has polishing and sealant built in or just a one step polish product?
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

One step polish. I usually follow up with a sealant or a wax. I just mentioned klasse cause it worked well. I really dont have a preference. I just want something that can remove some swirls and leave the surface looking shiny. Im not looking for a showroom finish. Thats why I liked Mike's video of the fg-400 with a rupes blue pad. The finish looked really good, almost ready for a lsp product if it was for production detailing

Post Thanks / Like

A 1 step is doing paint work with one step. So in this case it would be using an AIO. I would go with D151

A 2 step is polish and wax. I would go with M205 (choose a pad as you see fit) and for LSP I would go with Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax.

I haven't tried FG400 as a 2 step. I would imagine a polishing pad with FG400 and medium to light pressure at slower speeds could achieve good results. Not sure how much it would cut though.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to do my 1 steps with an AIO and then use a Spray Wax for my final wipe.

I bought gallon's of D151 and Synthetic Xpress Spray Wax. So will be using that combo.

Post Thanks / Like

One step machine application:
    D151
    Blackfire Total Polish and Seal
    Duragloss 105

One step polish and spray wax:
    Menz 2500-4500 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aburgeson View Post
    One step polish. I usually follow up with a sealant or a wax. I just mentioned klasse cause it worked well. I really dont have a preference. I just want something that can remove some swirls and leave the surface looking shiny. Im not looking for a showroom finish. Thats why I liked Mike's video of the fg-400 with a rupes blue pad. The finish looked really good, almost ready for a lsp product if it was for production detailing
    While FG400 can be used as a one-step correction product, it is often too aggressive for many finishes and will leave some light marring behind (which is expected as it is a cutting compound).

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    A 1 step is doing paint work with one step. So in this case it would be using an AIO. I would go with D151

A 2 step is polish and wax. I would go with M205 (choose a pad as you see fit) and for LSP I would go with Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax.

I haven't tried FG400 as a 2 step. I would imagine a polishing pad with FG400 and medium to light pressure at slower speeds could achieve good results. Not sure how much it would cut though.
    These terms have no set definition... many people have their own way of defining a "one step" and a "two step" and so on.

I do not utilize all in one products, therefore to me, a one-step means a one-step correction product... ie a product that can remove defects and finish perfectly in the same step but does not include any paint protection.

With that being said, M205, PF2500, OHP have all been good one-step correction products for me (on the majority of paints, but certainly not all) when paired with an orange light cutting pad or white polishing pad.

Retired Professional Detailer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast