autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bird dropping has left holograms on my car which was coated with Detailer’s Paint Coating 2 days ago

Hi all, Last Saturday I washed the car and clayed it, used PBL cleaner polish and finished off by covered the car with Detailer’s Paint Coating. The Scottish pigeons and seagulls decided to cover the roof of my car today with bird droppings as it was 22 degrees centigrade. I just finished washing the car and noticed that I now have some holograms on the roof and I tried to clear them off using my trusty PBW bird #### remover but to no avail. I was shocked that it looks like oil drops in water and tried to clean it using a nanoskin fine sponge and plenty of lube on one small spot and it did not work, tried using pbl cleaner polish and a meguairs DA and again failed. Can anybody advise if they had same problem and how they overcame dird dropping holograms on the roof of an Audi Q5?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bird dropping has left holograms on my car which was coated with Detailer’s Paint Coating 2 days ago

You may have to polish that section of coating off and reapply

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks doc so back to the meguairs yellow pad and pbl cleaner polish tomorrow and then recoat roof

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bird dropping has left holograms on my car which was coated with Detailer’s Paint Coating 2 days ago

I would suggest a Carnauba wax topper. Lot's of information out there that a wax topper is more resistant to bird drop etchings. I prefer one of the Collinites, good durability and nice all season protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was thinking of adding a coat of black fire black ice next time I wash the car

Btw I got the holograms off the car and I am feeding the pigeons stale bread dipped in bicarbonate of soda. Its a humane rodent killer.