autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Audi paint help/suggestions

I have a possible paint correction I'll be doing on an Audi A4. I know that all paint is different but what would you categorize Audi paint as? Ive been told soft and ive also been told its medium hardness. For those that have worked on it what do you recomend I use? I dont think it can be as soft as japanese honda/toyota/lexus soft. Id appriciate your feedback so I can quickly dial in my product and pad selection of choice. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Audi paint help/suggestions

On the 2002 Audi TT I did on Sunday, the paint responded well with HD Speed. The paint on it was not as soft as some Japaneese paint systems though.

Again the Audi was an older model, and the paint will vary even from car to car of the exact same model/year.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Audi paint help/suggestions

The only 'soft' audi paint I have heard of is a couple nogaro blue S4's that Mike P. did. Both my 99 and 02 vehicles in light metallic silver and are rock hard. They respond to rotary and wool, also to MF pads with FG400; pretty much anything else is laughable for any correction.

Is this a one step correction or multiple?

Year & color?

Post Thanks / Like

Audi paint help/suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    The only 'soft' audi paint I have heard of is a couple nogaro blue S4's that Mike P. did. Both my 99 and 02 vehicles in light metallic silver and are rock hard. They respond to rotary and wool, also to MF pads with FG400; pretty much anything else is laughable for any correction.

Is this a one step correction or multiple?

Year & color?

Seems like you dont have enough experience with Audi paint. How do you explain my ability to correct the TT's paint on more neglected areas with something as UC and a foam pad? Claiming that all Audi paint is rock hard is incorrect.

This is why I stated cars paint varies from year to year, even model to model of the same car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed with the above, Audi paint spans the entire hardness spectrum. What year, model and color are you working on?

I used XMT 360 on a 2013 s5 in metallic blue that I would say had absolutely no effect on defects. I also spot buffed parts of that car with m101 with a 3401 and got a mirror finish.

Test spot, test spot, test spot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your input Aaron and Ekennett. Im going to do a test spot regardless and will start off with something very mild and if that doesnt perform ill step up in aggressiveness. I'm unsure of what year. I'm no audi expert but it seems the older models are a bit softer and the newer models a bit on the hard side. Guess I'll see but at least this gives my a roundabout idea on what to expect and method to take.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Seems like you dont have enough experience with Audi paint. How do you explain my ability to correct the TT's paint on more neglected areas with something as UC and a foam pad? Claiming that all Audi paint is rock hard is incorrect.

This is why I stated cars paint varies from year to year, even model to model of the same car.

Can you point out where I said all audi paint is rock hard? I mentioned two soft nogaro cars and my two hard cars and I was specific to years and paint colors. I made no blanket statement about all audi paint.