autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

is my car rusting?

the rust is on the paint. the black box indicates where the rust is. it is on both sides.

here is a picture from my iphone. tomorrow i will take a picture with a dedicated camera for better quality.
    The iphone camera only picked up 3 rust spots. But my eye see's more
    I only noticed when i was detailing my car. even clay barred the entire car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: is my car rusting?

Well, it's possible those are rock chips that have gone down to the metal and started to rust, but given the location and what I can see from the picture I'd say that is rotor bits that have embedded themselves in the paint.

The claying that you have done may have only removed the upper part (above surface) leaving the (below surface) part that's embedded in the paint. You need to do an acid decon or use one of the iron-eating products like Iron-X.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well, it's possible those are rock chips that have gone down to the metal and started to rust, but given the location and what I can see from the picture I'd say that is rotor bits that have embedded themselves in the paint.

The claying that you have done may have only removed the upper part (above surface) leaving the (below surface) part that's embedded in the paint. You need to do an acid decon or use one of the iron-eating products like Iron-X.
    dont think its rock chips. when i run my finger on the spot its flush no dents. can u recommend me which product to try to attempt to remove this?

EDIT what do you think the dealer would do if i bring the vehicle it and say its rusting? can they fix it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_335i View Post
    dont think its rock chips. when i run my finger on the spot its flush no dents. can u recommend me which product to try to attempt to remove this?
    Iron X

Post Thanks / Like

EDIT what do you think the dealer would do if i bring the vehicle it and say its rusting? can they fix it?
    First of all, relax, I know you have a cool car that you care about, but this isn't really a big deal. Second, I wouldn't bring it to the dealer, that's going to result in a bunch more problems.

This Iron X Iron Remover, CQuartz IronX, Paint Cleaner, paint decontamination should take care of your problem in a jiffy. Or you can try the lemon-scented version CarPro Iron X Lemon Scent, auto iron remover

Post Thanks / Like

The next course of action is to apply Iron-X to the affected area as well as the rest of the car.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, relax, I know you have a cool car that you care about, but this isn't really a big deal. Second, I wouldn't bring it to the dealer, that's going to result in a bunch more problems.

This Iron X Iron Remover, CQuartz IronX, Paint Cleaner, paint decontamination should take care of your problem in a jiffy. Or you can try the lemon-scented version CarPro Iron X Lemon Scent, auto iron remover

will be purchasing from canadian distributor. is this the same product i need? eShine Canada: CarPro IronX (16.9oz) w/Sprayer

since i already clay my car. All i do is spray ironX on the affected area and then wait 3-5mins and rinse off? when i spray it on do i need to agitate it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    The next course of action is to apply Iron-X to the affected area as well as the rest of the car.
    why the rest of the car?

Post Thanks / Like

why the rest of the car?
    The cancer might have spread.

Post Thanks / Like

will be purchasing from canadian distributor. is this the same product i need? eShine Canada: CarPro IronX (16.9oz) w/Sprayer
    Yes, that's the same stuff.

All i do is spray ironX on the affected area and then wait 3-5mins and rinse off? when i spray it on do i need to agitate it?
    I don't know, I've never used Iron-X, I'm an acid guy (as some people have noted). I would follow the directions, you can't go wrong with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast