autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Swirls in my 08 Nissan Frontier

New to forum here. Need swirl / polish and wax suggestions, I have micro type swirls and some scratches can be seen when the sun hits the truck.
    My fault not knowing how to apply sealant and wax with a hand held DA cheap type.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Swirls in my 08 Nissan Frontier

Blackfire duo, start with finishing polish. Should put you right where you want to be

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Doc, I plan on buying the Porter cable 7424 what type of pad would you suggest?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gyr Nice choice on the PC 7424 XP it is foolproof. Especially for a bumble-head LIKE ME.....LOL All kidding aside I have the Blackfire combo too. The SRC Compound should be applied with an Orange 5.5" Pad and then the Finishing Polish should be used with a 5.5 " White Pad. Top with a sealant with the 5.5" Red Pad. I put a coat of wax on by hand (foam applicator) for the final Step. This is just my way. I am sure there are many other ways (pads, brands of polish, etc.).

But 1st and foremost, you will need wash all junk from the car and clay bar your car before polishing.

Look into the Lakeside CCS pads. I know if you are going to buy the PC 7424 XP look into their PC packages on Autogeek. They come with everything you need to start. I bought the one comes with a DVD on how Mike explains how to use the Porter Cable.

Look into the package deals for the PC 7424 that would be the best way to go and you save money. Mike has great videos in explaining everything from a car wash to clay bar to polishing.

CJ

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much everyone. Very helpful information. Going with the Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like

Best advice I've heard here is to always start with the least aggressive first (white pad/finishing polish). I very much enjoy the ccs pads, I started with 6.5" pads and bumped down to 5 and 5.5. Any will work just fine

Lots of great products on the market, Blackfire is superb IMHO. I'd also suggest sealing and carnauba after swirl removal (crystal seal and midnight sun or Blackice wax)

Really does create whiplash

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

just did a clay bar session on my truck and really took my time still the cruel plastic bag let me know it's not smooth as glass and I do have scratches automatic car wash type, will not ever do that again. Could it be the scratches I feel through the plastic bag, I want to make sure I have the surface ready. Will still go with what you guys said. First time on a forum also, great learning process. Thank you all for the information.

Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that you're feeling scratches. What type of clay bar did you use (brand)? It could also just need a second round of clay if it's never been done before.

Even if the surface is not 100%, I think you'll be mighty pleased with the results you'll get. Just remember to take your time and enjoy yourself while watching the beauty come to life

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Clay Magic Fine Grade.