autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

1959 Impala - January Detailing Boot Camp Class Car

1959 Impala - January Detailing Boot Camp Class Car

If you're attending my January Detailing Boot Camp Class here is one of the car you'll be working on. This car is not 100% in concrete going to be here but I should find out this week.

I've been told it's in dire need of decontamination and machine polishing to perfect.

Mike Phillips

Re: 1959 Impala - January Detailing Boot Camp Class Car

One of the things I know it's important to do for any car detailing write-up project in order for it to have real value is to fully document the before condition.

Once in a while there will be someone that thinks the cars used in videos and articles are in pristine condition to start with and just to make sure there's no doubt at all, I have found the best way to take the wind out of these people's sails is to first and foremost get the before shots.

Once you buff out a car you cannot go back in time and get the before shots. You can always get the after shots but not so for the before shots.

So to document the true condition of the cars my class will be learning on here at Autogeek's Detailing Boot Camp, here's the before pictures for this 1959 Impala. This car is almost all original except for a few customizations like the side pipes and a little pin striping.

Looks pretty good from these angles....

Mike Phillips

Re: 1959 Impala - January Detailing Boot Camp Class Car

Here's what the paint really looks like in person...

This car is 20 feet long... I guarantee you everyone will get plenty of hands-on time behind the various tool as we remove the swirls and restore a show car finish.