Rupes Microfiber Cutting Disc with Rupes Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound

In this thread I showed machine wetsanding with the Rupes Sanding Discs...

Rupes 5 Inch 2000 & 3000 Grit Sanding Discs

No one ever noticed I never removed my sanding marks.... till now...

Here's the Rupes Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound and the new 6" Blue Microfiber Cutting Disc on the new Rupes Duetto 12 mm orbital polisher.

Here's the side I'm going to compound, this has been machine sanded twice,

First time: Rupes #2000 Grit
Second time: Rupes #3000 Grit

Notice the more clear reflections in the paint on the right hand side of the tape line as compared to the paint on the left hand side of the tape line.
(See the above article for more and better pictures of this difference)

Here's a two more shots where I've zoomed in so you can see the uniform sanding mark pattern left in the paint by the Rupes #3000 Sanding Disc.

This is after compounding with the Zephir Gloss Coarse Compound Gel and the Blue Microfiber pad on around the 3 speed setting on the Rupes Duetto.

This is the light from the now very rare Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light shining directly down on the paint to show the very LOW swirls or haze left by the compound and microfiber pad.

It would not take much to clean this up to LSP ready. It could easily be done using any foam polishing or finishing pad and any of the Rupes polishes.

Now I'm going to re-compound this section using the VERY COARSE Rupes blue foam cutting pad on the Duetto with the Zephir Gloss Coarse Compound Gel.

Now look at the D.O.I.

The paint where I compounded looks phenomenal. I think the Microfiber Pads removed the sanding marks very easily at a low speed and this type of work is normally done with a ROTARY BUFFER.

The aggressive foam cutting pad may have been able to remove the sanding marks but I would have had to use a higher speed setting.

One thing for sure they both finished out incredibly nice with the edge going to the foam cutting pad for finishing out nicer.

Any detailer could do this type of work with the system approach.

The next step if this were a car would be to re-polish using a less aggressive foam pad and polish and then seal the paint.

Since the Rupes Microfiber Pads are new to the U.S. market as well the Duetto 12 mm Orbital Sander/Polisher, I thought a few of you guy might want to see these new tools in action.

On Autogeek.net

Rupes Polishers, Polishes and Pads