autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nano skin auto scrub mitt

I just got this in but I haven't had the chance to use it yet since my car has already been clayed using a clay bar. I'm curious how this compares to using the standard clay bar. My guess is that you will save time, but how are the end results between the two. It cost $49 for this mitt so if it's comparable great, if not, I'll go back to other method. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nano skin auto scrub mitt-photo-2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    They work very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nano skin auto scrub mitt

Let us know your results. I bought the bar version but did not get the mitt...yet....

Mike Phillips

All the Nanoskin products work great.

I used the Nanoskin Autoscrub pads my most recent detail job and it left the paint as smooth as a chalkboard which is how I like the paint to feel after decontaminating.

Here's the deal with the wash mitt which I also like and if I was doing "Production Detailing", this is the tool I would use to decontaminate cars if I was using a traditional wash.

The way you use these wash mitts is you wash and rinse the car first. You want and need to wash, that is push some type of wash mitt over the body panels to loosen any topical dirt. Thin rinse to remove all the loosened dirt.

Then while the car is still wet come back and run the rubber side of the mitt over all the panels to remove above surface bonded contaminants.

The above is the order to use this method of decontaminating safely.

If you don't wash and rinse first you will trap loosened dirt between the mitt and the paint and risk inducing scratches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    All the Nanoskin products work great.

I used the Nanoskin Autoscrub pads my most recent detail job and it left the paint as smooth as a chalkboard which is how I like the paint to feel after decontaminating.

Here's the deal with the wash mitt which I also like and if I was doing "Production Detailing", this is the tool I would use to decontaminate cars if I was using a traditional wash.

The way you use these wash mitts is you wash and rinse the car first. You want and need to wash, that is push some type of wash mitt over the body panels to loosen any topical dirt. Thin rinse to remove all the loosened dirt.

Then while the car is still wet come back and run the rubber side of the mitt over all the panels to remove above surface bonded contaminants.

The above is the order to use this method of decontaminating safely.

If you don't wash and rinse first you will trap loosened dirt between the mitt and the paint and risk inducing scratches.

SO Mike no need to use any lubricant or spray wax to work the nano skin mitt to clay the car? just water?? Do I got it right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love's Auto View Post
    They work very well.
    Just used mine on new car. You good hear and feel the grit come off. I used a spray lubricant.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by pikiki View Post
    SO Mike no need to use any lubricant or spray wax to work the nano skin mitt to clay the car? just water?? Do I got it right?

I use my soapy water in my wash bucket. With a grit guard in the bottom.

The above would be both KISS or Keep it Simple Simon as well as time and product effective.

Just to note, my own personal practice and recommendation is that anytime you mechanically decontaminate car paint you should already be planning on and including the time to do at least one machine polishing step.

I think it's pretty easy to understand that rubbing anything over the paint that has the ability to mechanically abrade the surface to some level in order to remove contaminants that have a strong bond to the paint is not going to make the paint more clear and glossy.

What's the opposite meaning of the word more?

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you use it on glass first to break it in and I add a little ONR to my wash bucket for extra lube. I have used it over 40 cars and haven't seen any marring if your using enough lube. I just ordered a new one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Make sure you use it on glass first to break it in and I add a little ONR to my wash bucket for extra lube. I have used it over 40 cars and haven't seen any marring if your using enough lube. I just ordered a new one.
    ONR? What dat

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and it's part of my decon routine with most cars. However, you will notice you may get some marring on soft paints (honda, jet black bmw, tesla). Even after breaking it in on glass you may find it takes a car or 2 for it to fully break in.

I find that using a bucket of hot water with your lube (i prefer ONR - Optimum No Rinse). Softens up the pad just enough, especially when the weather is cold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast