autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to buy

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What to buy

Hi everybody new to the forum and starting to detail my black vehicles again. I have a 2011 denali 2500 hd and a 2009 lexus gs350 I will be working on. I had both vehicles detailed and protected by Ming shine that is suppose to last for ever with out needing to be waxed again. But they don't bead water that great any more they are shiny but I put a coat of wax o the car and it was a night and day difference. The truck has some good swirls and semi deep scratches. The lexus has minor swirls and scratches. I need help picking out the proper product to buy. I am looking at a few different manufactures I have been reading all kinds of reviews and info that I can find. I am wondering what you guys recommend getting. I have a mikita circular polisher already and am thinking of getting a DA polisher to do the polish and wax with if I really need it. I am looking at the following product lines let me know what you guys think is the best system that gives the best results. I am going to use a Sealant as I only want to detail the car/truck twice a year and Edmonton winters are fairly harsh. I am looking for something that will provide a rich deep finish that shines. Both cars a DDs so they don't need to be in show car quality but I want them looking great

1) Pinnacle advanced swirl remover/ advanced finishing polish/liquid souveran wax summer time add souveran paste wax

2) Wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0/finishing glaze 3.0/ deep gloss sealant summer add souveran paste wax.

3) Blackfire scratch resistant compound/gloss enhancing polish/ black ice hybrid or wet diamond all finish protectant. Is the blackice hybrid worth the 150 bucks if so that's fine

Sorry for the long first post just trying to get all the info you guys might need to help Thanks for any replies Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    I do this for a living so take my advice from a guy that likes to get things done as fast as possible while still getting great results.

Grab a griots garage 6 inch da polisher
    a couple of two packs of optimum MF cutting and polishing pads
    Your compound of choice. Optimum hyper compound and megs d300 are both super easy to use.
    A bottle of optimum GPS. Great aio polish that lasts a long time.
    Top with optimum car wax

All that other stuff will work fine , but doing this will give you great results and you won't be able to tell the difference between it and all the other stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The above is good advice, but everyone has opinions. I like the Wolfgang polishes. They are idiot proof. I would get a GG6 and small bottles of the 3 WG polishes. As for wax, Optimum car wax is easy to use, but real world durability is only 2 months if your lucky for a DD on horizontal panels.

If your looking for an easy LSP, get WG Depp Gloss Liquid Seal. Top it with a wax - even better.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for long term durability you can always switch the GPS for hyper polish, then use opti seal or opti coat in lieu of the optimum car wax.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaras View Post
    I am wondering what you guys recommend getting.
    I recommend that this time around you research and utilize a decent detailer.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaras View Post
    I have a 2011 denali 2500 hd and a 2009 lexus gs350 I will be working on.
    Two paint systems directly opposite on the hardness scale, IMO and IME.

I had both vehicles detailed and protected by Ming shine that is suppose to last for ever with out needing to be waxed again.

The truck has some good swirls and semi deep scratches.
    The lexus has minor swirls and scratches.
    Two complete opposite defects needing attention.

I need help picking out the proper product to buy.

I am going to use a Sealant as I only want to detail the car/truck twice a year and Edmonton winters are fairly harsh. I am looking for something that will provide a rich deep finish that shines. Both cars a DDs so they don't need to be in show car quality but I want them looking great

1) Pinnacle advanced swirl remover/ advanced finishing polish/liquid souveran wax summer time add souveran paste wax

2) Wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0/finishing glaze 3.0/ deep gloss sealant summer add souveran paste wax.

3) Blackfire scratch resistant compound/gloss enhancing polish/ black ice hybrid or wet diamond all finish protectant. Is the blackice hybrid worth the 150 bucks if so that's fine
    I feel that you are looking for a cure all. All products mentioned are top-shelf go-to's.
    But what works well on one paint system might not work as well on the other.

Summer or winter, paste or liquid, the wax you chose has been reported by some forum members to have short lived/average durability. I'd go with a Collinite product if I were only topping the sealant twice yearly.

Just me rambling instead of doing something productive.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

As I humbly admit I haven't waxed my one car for about a year, I say that to mention that it has Collinite 845 on it and still beads. It is garaged at home, but sits out all day at my wife's office.

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Collinite. 476 is a good one for over the 3 month threshold.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm expecting Collinite #476 to get me through the winter but it surely lasts longer than 3 monthes based on my reading here! Don't count out #915 either, good info on longevity about it as well.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies everyone. I want to start detailing myself im tired of paying $600 for each vehicle every 6 months The cost of one detail pays for everything I need. I keep reading good things about the blackfire product line. It is just a little confusing all the options and trying to get the products that will work best. I read a good review on wolfgang deep gloss sealant working well for 6 months of winter abuse. Please keep the ideas coming all the input helps a rookie like me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.