autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lesson Learned... Still Not Over It..

So the myth is true.... I have a Lexus and I took it in for a recall. I know I don't even need to go on any farther but I will say that I asked THREE people to make sure my car wasn't going to be washed before handing them my keys.......

(I KNOW I KNOW LESSON LEARNED WAS MAKE THE DARN SIGNS)
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-wash-car.html

Anyways, its cloudy as all can believe and its still showing off its new DISO detail.

They offered to buff it out. I said heck no kindly. Speaking to a manager tomorrow.. What do I ask for? I don't want them touching my paint ever again. He promised to get this fixed and even mentioned the body shop.

What would you do if you were me here? I don't have a paint thickness reader but common sense is telling me I don't have too much room to play with on this car.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE FOR TOMORROW'S MEETING/CALL WITH MANAGER...

Im going to bring some sun shots showing a swirl free finish up close but that's all I have for "ammo" as of right now...

Sincerely,
    Very Sad Detailer

PS: I really don't have the heart to take pictures of the car right now... too angry and like I said before, too cloudy. Thanks for reading

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lesson Learned... Still Not Over It..

Sorry to hear brother! I can feel your pain and disguss.

I would make sure to have the names of everyone you spoke to regarding not washing your car. I would also get the ticket (if you had the presence of mind to get them to write on it.... and sign it), and I would ask for compensation of time and material to do a compounding job on it.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Tell him you want $1000.00 of credit here
    Seriously thought I'm sorry this happened to you

Post Thanks / Like

In their defence, they probably didn't wash it...just rubbed a dirty rag all over it.

Best you can do is educate the manager as to the initial condtion of your finish and what it will take to bring it back to that condition (time/money/materials). Make it clear that to restore the finish means removing precious clear coat and there is a tangible value lost as a result; and potentially not all the scratches can be safely removed. Explain that you made it clear to multiple staff not to wash the car. Then start negotiating for what you want.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Print off on both sides of a piece of paper

Insert into a plastic protective sleeve

Hang from rearview mirror with a rubber band

Post Thanks / Like
    Can the car be re-sprayed with a fresh clear coat? Would the scratches need to be removed prior to that? How much money does that typically run?

Thanks for the help so far everyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, I would ask the dealer to do some paint readings so that you would know how much paint you have to play with.

Second, i highly doubt they will compensate you monetarily. I would ask for some accessories/parts or some warranty in return.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how they aren't fully responsible for the damage caused. Sure, 95% of their customers have no clue the damage they are inflicting, but it's a complete different story when the customer requests for their car not to be washed.

I still can't believe they did that. It's pure negligence on their part. It was clearly written on service ticket not to wash the car.

To me, it's no different than if they ruined my wheels by scratching them or by denting my car under their care. Either way, I was going to their place of business where I purchased two cars from and they did something against my direct wishes that resulted in severe damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gardnerr2 View Post
    I don't see how they aren't fully responsible for the damage caused. Sure, 95% of their customers have no clue the damage they are inflicting, but it's a complete different story when the customer requests for their car not to be washed.

I still can't believe they did that. It's pure negligence on their part. It was clearly written on service ticket not to wash the car.

To me, it's no different than if they ruined my wheels by scratching them or by denting my car under their care. Either way, I was going to their place of business where I purchased two cars from and they did something against my direct wishes that resulted in severe damage.

I don't think anyone from AGO will disagree with you.
    However, they did offer to buff it out.... and my guess is that the general public will find that a fair solution.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Post Thanks / Like

That is 1 reason why i HATE bringing my car in for SERVICE or anything that needs to be DONE

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast