autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lesson Learned... Still Not Over It..

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    You need a new dealership. If employees are taking your car for a pack of smokes on lunch, that is no good. Of course, I used to do it when I was a tech for Ford - but only if the car needed a test drive to pinpoint some issue. Was the car there for some diagnosis or just maintenance?

You should have more confidence in your dealership. Try someone else. I have 5 BMW dealers closer to me than the place I deal with - Ottos BMW. I go to Ottos (and buy my cars there) because they are extremely professional and respect your vehicle. They seem to leave no stone unturned. Of course they are almost an hour away, but it's worth it to me. They are the AG of dealerships.
    It was at the dealership just for the recall. If I remember correctly it did not require a test drive. Also, I live in Las Vegas. There are only 2 BMW dealerships, owned and ran by the same scums. I'm glad I'm not too fond of the newer BMW models, it'll be easier for me not to have to deal with them ever. Not that I would ever bring my business to them again, but for warranty work or recalls.

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI - I featured part of this story on the DI AAP Blog (with the owner's permission, of course) to try to help spread the word about how much damage can come from one improper wash.

Article Here: The Real Cost of a “Cheap” Car Wash

Retired Professional Detailer

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Just FYI - I featured part of this story on the DI AAP Blog (with the owner's permission, of course) to try to help spread the word about how much damage can come from one improper wash.
    And speaking of....
    I received a call today from another body shop, referred by the Hennessy group with a Jag in the shop that had a "coating" on it. A coating that they didn't know anything about, or what it even is for that matter. What they DO know is the owner says the car had it on there before going in for repairs, and they need it to be BACK on there after all is said and done.

Oh great, a body shop that is going to fill the car with holograms and buffer trails, all disguised underneath a layer of glaze, AGAIN! Now for some detective work to find out if it was OC or Cquartz. In any event it is going to need total removal and replacement. Should be out of paint by Thursday, guess we'll have to formulate a plan once we see the, ahem 'damages'.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718