autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Think I made a boo-boo.

Hail all, car detailing noob here. So I tried out some Armor All Wash and Wax yesterday and rinsed the car off afterwards, but didn't bother to wipe it down. So now I have little spots of wax? all over the car and it doesn't seem to wanna come off very well. What do I do???? Thx!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think I made a boo-boo.

Quote Originally Posted by badcharlie View Post
    Hail all, car detailing noob here. So I tried out some Armor All Wash and Wax yesterday and rinsed the car off afterwards, but didn't bother to wipe it down. So now I have little spots of wax? all over the car and it doesn't seem to wanna come off very well. What do I do???? Thx!
    Are you sure the spots are from wax? Could it be water spots (mineral)? Since it only happened yesterday, try some white vinegar.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like water spots, also next time use different stuff. At least use Megs if you go otc.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Towel (or forced air) drying is just as important as the wash itself. I'd leave my car dirty rather than waterspot the finish IMO.
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing is worse than cheapo wash-n-wax. While water spots could be the culprit, water spots from cheapo wash-n-wax are just hell. This is the second post like this today.

I'm assuming you don't have a machine polisher? The way to get them off by hand is to use a cleaner wax. I would clay the car first if it needs it, then use a liquid cleaner wax like Mothers to get them off. Use a foam pad and put some passion behind the pad. The windows will be the hardest part.

Of course if your experienced at machine polishing, there are other method. But, you would likely know that if that was the case.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm water spots would definitely make more sense. The water source was an old hose that hadn't been used for a long time = hard water. I'll try a bit of white vinegar before I get too involved with the clay etc... Would I be better just using a wash without the wash + wax in one cleaners? Is it even worth it? Thanks for help guys!

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't dry the vehicle off? You just rinsed it? Also, hard water has nothing to do with the age of a hose. It has to do with the area where you live and if you have a water softener and or filter. Where I live in Florida the water is extremely hard and mineral heavy but I never get water spots. I would adivse doing some more research here or at ag's site about two bucket method washing.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm water spots would definitely make more sense. The water source was an old hose that hadn't been used for a long time = hard water. I'll try a bit of white vinegar before I get too involved with the clay etc... Would I be better just using a wash without the wash + wax in one cleaners? Is it even worth it? Thanks for help guys!
    It's not the wash + wax that's the problem, the problem is hard water and not drying right away.