autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre-soak for hot water extraction

What is the best pre-soak that will work will really dirty floor mats and fairly clean floor mats

Lightning fast stain extractor?

Also what are some of the must know things about using a hot water extractor like pre-soak other products to use with it

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-soak for hot water extraction

I think you are asking for a pre-sprayer / for regular floor mats, any Degreaser of choice. Apc 4 to 1

pre-soak means given a dwelling time for a cleaning product to work. since they are not Acids that works on contact that means right away!!

that´s why you have to know your products dwelling time so it can work the best way. combining a Pre-spray like with an Inline pre-sprayer is one of the best way to do this.

Since your portable is mixing hot water into the pre-sprayer container mixing it with your cleaning product of choice.
    you set it at the dillution ratio you prefer, this is the advantage, save a lot of product, you are giving a nice Boosting cleaning with the Hott water mixing, at the end is just way much better results, than just using plain top cold water in a regular spray bottle.

This is In my Opinion the Best way to Pre-Spray!!!

Remember this is just a cleaning step, once the dwelling time pass, then Hand or machine brush / Portable extraction Hott water / And sure will see a huge difference!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a Pict. I was doing an office carpet cleaning job that day / Really handy to have one in your stock!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pre-soak for hot water extraction-foto0117_001-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    If your using a standard Apc's or degreaser you will most likely need to add a bottle of defoamer to your arsenal and put a little bit in your recovery tank prior to starting.

Post Thanks / Like
    What's a good defoamer?

Post Thanks / Like

I just did carpets and mats in my 2003 Accord that hadn't been touched, other than vacuuming, since I bought it in 03. I used CG Fabric Cleaner diluted 1:10 in a spray bottle (hot tap water). Soaked the really dirty areas and misted the cleaner areas. Then I extracted using one of those Bissell mini carpet cleaners. I put hot tap water in the dispenser tank, so after I agitated the carpets, I was just using the extractor to rinse and suck out the dirt. Ended up with 4 gallons of sh#t brown water once finished. Couldn't believe how clean the tan carpets got. I thought some of the stains would never come out. They look nearly brand new! CG FC has a great lemon scent too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes350 View Post
    What's a good defoamer?
    I use detail kings brand. Works fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    I just did carpets and mats in my 2003 Accord that hadn't been touched, other than vacuuming, since I bought it in 03. I used CG Fabric Cleaner diluted 1:10 in a spray bottle (hot tap water). Soaked the really dirty areas and misted the cleaner areas. Then I extracted using one of those Bissell mini carpet cleaners. I put hot tap water in the dispenser tank, so after I agitated the carpets, I was just using the extractor to rinse and suck out the dirt. Ended up with 4 gallons of sh#t brown water once finished. Couldn't believe how clean the tan carpets got. I thought some of the stains would never come out. They look nearly brand new! CG FC has a great lemon scent too!
    Wrong dilution...I meant 1:20 not 1:10. Sorry bout that.