autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

*Yellow street paint on my car, No Idea how to take it off*

I have a Chrysler 300 and my paint job is white, I have yellow street paint on my fenders and on the bottom of my car, and I have no idea on how to take it off, I'm scared of using harsh chemicals that can ruin my fender plastic or my paint...

any tips would be really appreciated

Mike Phillips

Re: *Yellow street paint on my car, No Idea how to take it off*

Hey thanks for taking this to the forum.... appreciate it...

And welcome to AutogeekOnline!

DOT or Department of Transportation highway paint is incredibly durable, think about it... they design it so you and I can drive on it 24 hours a day, 356 days a year and in all weather conditions. This paint is made to take a pounding.

The only chemical product I've had success with to remove this type of paint without melting your car's paint or scouring it from having to rub on it with a Scotchbrite pad is Stoner's XENIT.

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner removes resins, carbon deposits, silicones, and contaminants from molds. You’ll never again be frustrated trying to remove tough gunk and grime in your home, office, garage or car. Natural citrus XENIT by Stoner removes tacky, grimy dirt so well, in most cases you can simply “wipe it away.”

XENIT is a natural precision mold cleaner used as a degreaser in the plastics and rubber molding industries. It contains Citrus 66, a highly refine extract of citrus fruit. This powerful ingredient removes greasy soil and stains that can't be removed by soap and water.

Use XENIT to quickly permanent marker, crayon and lipstick “accidents” in the car and around the home. It removes release agents, resins, carbon deposits, and other contaminants left in mold cavities.

XENIT contains more than five, different, high performance cleaners. Unlike most water-based citrus cleaners that are designed to lift and carry dirt, XENIT is formulated to break down the complex molecules found in sticky materials.

This MicroActive cleaning action gives XENIT unequaled abilities to loosen and dissolve difficult grime like tar, grease, gum and adhesives. It even removes dried latex paint if accidentally dripped on carpet, flooring, or furniture. XENIT removes shoe scuffs and heel marks from from vinyl panels and greasy dirt from fabrics and upholstery.

Save yourself hours of agony trying to remove sticky stuff with standard cleaners. Avoid wasted time spent laboring with inferior water-based products. XENIT is formulated to evaporate and dry completely, leaving behind no sticky residues or streaky soaps.
    I have removed DOT paint off of car paint using this product. To do this, I whetted a folded microfiber towel and sprayed one side of the towel till it was very damp with the product. Then held this against the overspray paint on a body panel. This traps the XENIT citrus oils against the paint so they can go to work.

If you simply spray it on, gravity will cause the majority of it to flow downward.

You can do both, spray it on and hold a dampened microfiber towel with this product against the paint and then after a few minutes, rub the area using the same dampened towel.

I'm not going to guarantee it will work for you but it did work for me.

Of course, polish and wax the affected area afterwards goes without saying...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot Mike, I'll try this out.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info Mike, thanks!

Now the next thing is, will I be able to find this in Canada... (always an issue up here).

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by carfantic View Post
    Thanks a lot Mike, I'll try this out.

Wear gloves, have patience, focus on task at hand.

My fingers are crossed and good luck.

If this doesn't work then you'll have to fall back on mechanical means like an aggressive clay bar...

Post Thanks / Like

I've had success with enamel paint reducer.

I used it sparingly and it didn't hurt paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

"The only chemical product I've had success with to remove this type of paint without melting your car's paint or scouring it from having to rub on it with a Scotchbrite pad is Stoner's XENIT."

Just to clarify, when you say Scotchbrite Pad, you are meaning the 'white' one...correct?

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I had a customer who suffered a similar problem and not having access to the products referred to in previous posts, I was left no choice but to clay it off.

The medium grade clay did leave behind some marring which was very easily removed using Meguiars Ultimate Polish.

Just another option if you are comfortable claying and polishing. I do accept that this may not be THE least aggressive method to get the job done, but it did work, and I can't imagine a gentle polish with UP would have removed an appreciable amount of clear.

Just throwing this 'method' out there as a possible alternative - details can be found here -----> Hyundai i20 - Detailed (again) by Lawrence

Regards

Lawrence

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried pressure washing it? It could be marking paint used for locating gas lines, if so its chalk or water based and should be able to be pressure washed of your car. I get that stuff on my work truck all the time and I just pressure wash it.

If it's the highway paint, good luck to
    you...

Post Thanks / Like

Go Clean Products makes a dedicated highway paint remover approved by non other than Renny Doyle. It's made in Avilla IN, a small town in NE Indiana.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast