autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tire Gloss

Post Thanks / Like

Question Tire Gloss

What is your favorite, longest lasting deep gloss tire product? I cannot get enough of shiny tires.

I used to use Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat, but it is no longer available in stores near my apartment.

I recently tried Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel and it lasted about a day

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Gloss

I no longer use the "greasy kid stuff" solvent based tire dressings. It's a pain to remove and turns the tires brown. I now only use water based tire dressings. You don't get that slick shine but more of a nice matte gloss. If you layer it in coats (after each coat drys) you'll build gloss.

My favorites are:

PERL @ 1:1 2 coats

Blackfire BF 850 Total Eclipse Tire Gel

Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Dressing
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

I love Meg's Endurance Gel, but they don't make it anymore I think, just the sprays. If you can find the gel locally get it, it rocks, no sling and lasts!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Tire Gloss

Quote Originally Posted by RedXray View Post
    I no longer use the "greasy kid stuff" solvent based tire dressings. It's a pain to remove and turns the tires brown. I now only use water based tire dressings.
    My biggest problem with products so far has been: it literally eats the tire away! After a few months of trying various products I couldn't even read how many PSI to put into my tires.

The other problem of course is that the shine doesn't last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    I love Meg's Endurance Gel, but they don't make it anymore I think, just the sprays. If you can find the gel locally get it, it rocks, no sling and lasts!
    I just tried this and the shine only lasts a day. How many coats do you apply for a nice deep shine?

Super Member Kyle@PrecisionPolish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meg's Hyper Dressing is water based and has a higher shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    In this order:

1. Pinnacle Black Onyx, period!

2. DP tire gel
    2b. Wolfgang Black Diamond

I'm posting gels since it seems to be the right thing to do and trust me when I say this, Pinnacle Black Onyx is THE BEST tire gel I've ever used! Yes its a bit pricey but the way it spreads and the gloss you get right away is stunning! Durability is VERY good but about every other rinseless wash I re-apply my tire gels using very little, just enough to "kick it back up" but even before doing that the tire is always a nice, matte finish or slightly above. I find that over time my applicator gets a nice build up of tire gel and it gets easier and easier to apply, something not talked about much but very true.

I also have/use DP tire gel and my sample of Wolfgang Black Diamond as well. The DP is cheap....how cheap, how's $19.99 for a quart sound (got mine on sale for $14.99 a quart) and its very controllable. First coat goes on and its a nice, matte finish, want more shine....no problem, couple more swipes and maybe add a little more product, emphasis on little more product. The other product I listed was a close 2nd, hence the 2b and its behind DP because of price, performance is on par though. Durablity is also very good, I only re-apply to "kick it back up" but not exactly needed unless you really gotta have a shine back.

Honorable mention is DG #265 aerosol spray. This stuff goes on wett and dries in minutes but you pay for convience with any aerosol product but it goes right on and no applicator/gloves needed here. Durability is very good here, just get a good base down on untreated tires, something true with any product, well except Pinnacle Black Onyx, it goes on THAT thick with exceptional coverage.

To ensure no sling or help it along, let these products sit for atleast 30 minutes before driving, its what I do and works well.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Czapski View Post
    Meg's Hyper Dressing is water based and has a higher shine.
    Oooh this looks promising. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thelemur View Post
    I just tried this and the shine only lasts a day. How many coats do you apply for a nice deep shine?
    Did you clean the tire, I've had it hold up weeks, even through rain. I apply one coat and spread the gel, nothing special. I just apply it to a really clean tire at first and touch up from there, nothing special really
    Back to the full-time grind.

Super Member Kyle@PrecisionPolish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally haven't used it but it's dilatable

Choose from four possible finishes with Meguiars Hyper Dressing:

High Gloss 1:1
    Medium Gloss 2:1
    Satin Finish 3:1
    Natural Finish 4:1

Alot more than for just tires and 37.99 for a gallon.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast