autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration

Post Thanks / Like

Inspiration

Mike my name is Steve and I have always wondered about your leg but was always leary to mention it. I just read a post about your previous job, and in that post you used a word that has been on my mind for a while now. You said you were disabled, well yes of course I see you and your injury all the time on the website but I would never aproach it until now. Let me say you are an inspiration to those of us with physical limitations. I have been disabled now for some time due to a brain injury that makes me "appear" drunk but Im not. I picked up detailing as a hobbie and have ran with it ever since. Yes I am on disability and I feel I am fortunate, but I am pursuing detailing for some pocket change. Well I could go on for hours and I know youre busy, thanks for liistening. Maybe I can explain my obstacles to you one day, Im sure you will give some EXCELLENT ADVICE.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inspiration

Im sorry I should have said that any other comments are welcome.
    Steve
    "Boanerges"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ayankeeman1968 View Post

Mike my name is Steve and I have always wondered about your leg but was always leary to mention it.
    I never mind if anyone wants to ask me questions about my artificial leg or how I've overcome my disability to move forward in life. A couple of guys have asked on the forum and I've always replied in a courteous and professional manner.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red]I just read a post about your previous job, and in that post you used a word that has been on my mind for a while now. You said you were disabled, well yes of course I see you and your injury all the time on the website but I would never approach it until now. Let me say you are an inspiration to those of us with physical limitations. I have been disabled now for some time due to a brain injury that makes me "appear" drunk but Im not.
    Brain injuries are just as serious as any other type of physical injury but the problem is because it's not visible, the outside world doesn't understand and too often the person with the hidden injury doesn't get the respect or perhaps a better terms are compassion and empathy that the person needs.

I picked up detailing as a hobby and have ran with it ever since. Yes I am on disability and I feel I am fortunate, but I am pursuing detailing for some pocket change. Well I could go on for hours and I know you're busy, thanks for listening. Maybe I can explain my obstacles to you one day, Im sure you will give some EXCELLENT ADVICE.

Detailing is an excellent hobby in that it can provide a release from the hectic world we live in plus it gives the person doing the detailing a great sense of pride to take a diamond in the rough and turn it into a glistening gemstone. Not to mention you can make some money from your efforts.

Thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time to create this thread. I've never let the fact that I'm missing my right leg from below the knee slow me down or stop me from pursuing a goal.

I try to encourage everyone I meet to be the same way. After the Boston bombings I contacted three hospitals and volunteered to visit any and all of the people that lost limbs to share my story and to show them what an artificial leg looks like and how with a little work they can get around on one without any problems. All I got was the bureaucratic run-around so alas, Ive been unable to help.

Again, thank you for kind words, posts like these are alway heart warming and appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your response Mike, keep up the good work.
    Steve
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,
    Nice post, I do not have any disabilities myself, but I have worked with and around many people that have been. I also grew up just down the street from a friend that was born with 1/2 an arm. Most of those guys were a huge inspiration to me as they were disabled, but could do as much as an able body like myself if not more. So it takes your excuses away.
    One of my very best friends was not able to hold a job, but could not get disability for one reason or another. He almost lost his house and family, but they all stuck by him. The church helped when and how they could. He finally went for brain surgery to fix his issue. This was after many years of driving back and forth to the Cleveland Clinic which was a couple of hours from his home. He is now much better, but has also had to battle cancer along with some other health issues. He now holds a full time job at the local school. But he is one of the most talented photographers I have seen. He just needs someone to find him.
    Sorry this had to happen to you, but sometimes do you look back and know or understand that somehow God had a plan and it makes you a much stronger or better person?

As far as Mike, just with his talent and ability to teach what he knows and years or experience, I think I can say for many of us out here on AGO, he is a huge inspiration.

This is one of the best forum's by far and thanks to all for all the kind words and guidance. You don't find any if many places out there.

Thanks for all you do, its appreciated.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    OP, glad to have you on the forum here!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Great post, love this site and the support it gives, goodluck Steve with your detailing future, a hobby might turn commercial just as mine did
    Jackson Szuch

Post Thanks / Like

Both of you guys are some inspirations , I m not disabled but your courage would / must help other people around getting true hard times whatever their are .

Keep it on mates !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your support.
    Steve
    "Boanerges"

Mike Phillips

Here's a guy that should inspire all of us... I know he inspires me...

From this detailing boot camp class...

Pictures & Comments from January 30th Detailing 102 Class

The above are just some of the pictures from that class over two years ago. Click the link to the thread and you'll see that not only are my classes fun but you get to learn a lot and meet a lot of really nice people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast