autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying to decide what I need to get....

So I got the email about the Memorial Day sale and decided to check my supplies. I haven't been doing much detailing in the past couple of years, so still have good stock of polishes, sealants, and waxes. There are some items that I was thinking of though:

1. Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax - I love Aquawax, so I thought I would pick this up for winter washes and quick washes throughout the year. Almost out of my PB Super Slick and Wax.

2. I need an APC. Been using PB's, but thinking it is time for a switch. I need a good all arounder, for cleaning tires and interior (particularly my cloth seats, got salt water on them - don't ask...). I was think of Optimum OPC.

3. I would also like to pick up a nice interior cleaner/protectant in one. This would be for a light wipe down weekly or every other week that also leave a little bit of protection. Needs to be leather safe. I have Ultima Interior Guard, and use that about twice a year when I do a full interior cleaning. Just something to do a light cleaning and keep the portection going between full interior details.

I still have a good amount of tire shine (Blackfire sample, 1/3 bottle of PERL, and 1/2 bottle of Optimum), quick detailer, Optimum Eraser, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard, Iron X spray and Gel..... I can't think of anything else I might need....any suggestions welcome if I am missing something. Was thinking of Iron X Snow Soap, but not sure if it is worth it since I already have the Spray and Gel. Might be nice to put in the foam gun once a month to lightly decontaminate the cars easily though.

Thanks,
    Neil

Mike Phillips

Re: Trying to decide what I need to get....

Quote Originally Posted by rockford33 View Post

Was thinking of Iron X Snow Soap, but not sure if it is worth it since I already have the Spray and Gel. Might be nice to put in the foam gun once a month to lightly decontaminate the cars easily though.

Thanks,
    Neil

Hi Neil,

I show the Iron X Snow Soap in the Tornador Air Foamer at all my detailing classes as an example of how well the Tornador Air Foamer works but also as you pointed out, as a decontamination maintenance step especially before any maintenance polishing work.

I'll try to find a picture of this from my last detailing boot camp class...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Mike. I ended up skipping the Snow Soap since I reasoned that I already have the spray and gel. I might pick it up before winter though. I did get some OPC, DG Wash and Wax, and CG Inner Clean though. Great sale!

Thanks,
    Neil

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2