autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

I have a question re using the BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax on my brand new Mustang. Straight off the showroom floor, over the last two weeks, I have applied multiple coats of Liquid Glass, a sealant I have used with excellent results for years. Since then I have added two coats of the Liquid Glass Legend product. All applied with a PC 7424. Now it looks even better. However, I am wondering if adding a coat of the BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax would enhance my shine/depth even more? I realize the wax is designed to work with its related polish and I'm not sure how it would do over the top of the existing coats Liquid Glass Legend? Bond? Compete? Neutral? I don't want to remove my Liquid Glass treatment. Thanks, Alan

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AVP1 View Post
    I have a question re using the BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax on my brand new Mustang. Straight off the showroom floor, over the last two weeks, I have applied multiple coats of Liquid Glass, a sealant I have used with excellent results for years. Since then I have added two coats of the Liquid Glass Legend product. All applied with a PC 7424. Now it looks even better. However, I am wondering if adding a coat of the BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax would enhance my shine/depth even more? I realize the wax is designed to work with its related polish and I'm not sure how it would do over the top of the existing coats Liquid Glass Legend? Bond? Compete? Neutral? I don't want to remove my Liquid Glass treatment. Thanks, Alan
    You asked the same question in this thread: Up Close & Personal: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

Here is my reply:

BlackICE is a finishing wax, meaning it does NOT contain cleaners or abrasives.

It should be perfectly fine over your existing coat of Liquid Glass.

Give it a try, take a couple photos, and post them on the forum for us to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the paint is wet!! Really deep. How was it to remove? Any issues with streaking?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter09 View Post
    Looks like the paint is wet!! Really deep. How was it to remove? Any issues with streaking?

Black Ice is easy to remove but not Souveran easy. I have used it on my black vehicles a few times and haven't had an issue with "streaking".

The trick is, as with all quality waxes, is to apply thin as possible. It is an excellent product! Durable, easy to use, and beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    Black Ice is easy to remove but not Souveran easy. I have used it on my black vehicles a few times and haven't had an issue with "streaking".

The trick is, as with all quality waxes, is to apply thin as possible. It is an excellent product! Durable, easy to use, and beautiful!
    BlackICE IMP needs to be applied so thin you barely see it while applying, the tin will out live me, thats how little I used so far....haha
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do! I'll post before and after shots. THANK YOU!!!
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Post Liquid Glass Legend treatment, but before the BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax application, which will hopefully happen this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax-mustang5-jpg   Review: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax-mustang4-jpg   Review: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax-mustang3-jpg   Review: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax-mustang2-jpg   Review: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax-mustang1-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Remember apply thin coats!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey AVP1 1st off AWESOME RIDE!! Mine is a 2013 GT w/Track Pack. Welcome to the world of Stangs you will be very happy! I wanted to answer the wax question and give you my opinion. I do not use Blackfire Blackice wax I use a good carnauba wax (Bouncer's Capture the Rapture). I used to put only sealant on, however, since I have put the wax on you do notice a difference. My car looks wet even covered in dust. I have a Black Mustang too. It is hard to explain but you will notice a difference. a difference for the better. I say go for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the feedback... photos of your rides encourage and inspire me... beautiful!!! I am going to give it a try and I will surely share the results with you. Since I am adding a two new aftermarket body parts, hood and rear spoiler, which will be installed this weekend, I can do a real side-by-side comparison. Before I treat those new parts with the Liquid Glass sealant I will use the BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax. It will be interesting to see if there is a difference between the previously Liquid Glass-treated areas and the newly painted parts.

Because it's new paint on these new parts, I might add a glaze treatment before I do anything else on these parts (something I probably should have done to the rest of the car before the Liquid Glass treatments?). Since it's new and perfect paint I want a pure glaze, no hint of polish, such as the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, then I'd apply the BlackICE Wax followed by the Liquid Glass sealant.

I'm looking forward to seeing the comparison.

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast