autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Lint Problems w/Souveran & #845 wax

Hello All, Mr. Mike: I had posted on another thread about my lint problem during waxing and you had asked which MF towels I was using. I have two of each of the
    towels that came with the Wolfgang and Pinnacle kits and an arm load of the Woobies that I got when at Detail Fest. The below pictures will show (I hope) my issue. This was done on the tour pak of a 2012 Harley, fiberglass w/original paint, blue with a small amount of metal flake in it.
    A light correction was done using Meguiars 'MG' Ultimate Compound and Polish and it turned out more than great. Next I applied Wolfgang 'WG' DGPS with 24 hr cure time. Now I'm trying to apply a topcoat of wax, P Souveran or Collinite #845.
    The lint is so bad that trying to remove it I might have put a swirl or two back in the paint using all the different MF towels. The process is correct iaw labels and online. I need some help here before I continue with this please!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lint Problems w/Souveran & #845 wax-img_1143-jpg   Lint Problems w/Souveran & #845 wax-img_1142-jpg   Lint Problems w/Souveran & #845 wax-img_1144-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lint Problems w/Souveran & #845 wax

Quote Originally Posted by skiptut View Post
    Hello All, Mr. Mike: I had posted on another thread about my lint problem during waxing and you had asked which MF towels I was using. I have two of each of the
    towels that came with the Wolfgang and Pinnacle kits and an arm load of the Woobies that I got when at Detail Fest. The below pictures will show (I hope) my issue. This was done on the tour pak of a 2012 Harley, fiberglass w/original paint, blue with a small amount of metal flake in it.
    A light correction was done using Meguiars 'MG' Ultimate Compound and Polish and it turned out more than great. Next I applied Wolfgang 'WG' DGPS with 24 hr cure time. Now I'm trying to apply a topcoat of wax, P Souveran or Collinite #845.
    The lint is so bad that trying to remove it I might have put a swirl or two back in the paint using all the different MF towels. The process is correct iaw labels and online. I need some help here before I continue with this please!!!
    Did you by any chance wash your MF towels beforehand? I had that problem before, and it turned out to be because they were unwashed new towels. Not all of them do it though.

Another thing you can try is spray the panel with detail spray. Some details sprays have a "anti static" property to them and I know sometimes when wiping or polishing painted fiberglass a buildup of static electricity can occur on the surface, causing dust and lint from a fresh towel to be drawn to the surface. Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1Clean3 View Post
    Did you by any chance wash your MF towels beforehand? I had that problem before, and it turned out to be because they were unwashed new towels. Not all of them do it though.

Another thing you can try is spray the panel with detail spray. Some details sprays have a "anti static" property to them and I know sometimes when wiping or polishing painted fiberglass a buildup of static electricity can occur on the surface, causing dust and lint from a fresh towel to be drawn to the surface. Best of luck!
    Thanks alot, but yes I have washed the towels 3 - 4 times. May have to try the spray trick...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Try using a short nap towel to remove lsp.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had that lint issue happen on windows, which is why I never use MF towels on glass. This might be a stupid question, but did you clay the paint prior to correction? If yes than 1clean3 might be on to something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Try using a short nap towel to remove lsp.
    Trying in 5 min. I think your talking about a glass towel of sorts. I may have to repolish if "we" find something that works.
    And yes, I did clay at the startup.....