autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Here's what Autogeek's classroom looks like for one of our Detailing Bootcamp Classes

Here's what Autogeek's classroom looks like for one of our Detailing Bootcamp Classes

1964 Chevy Panel Delivery
    Carlos and Bob have dropped off their streetrods for this weekend's first detailing class for 2013. While both cars are collectible and antique they both need some serious paint correction to really showcase their unique body line.

Power Point Presentation
    With the big screen on the back wall for our Power Point Presentation, tables and chairs are located to the right hand side for our students. Note I have a picture of my 1966 Chevy Milk Truck on the screen as I was showing it to Carlos because it shares the same steel front clip on his 1964 Panel Delivery.

Note: At all our classes we start with getting head knowledge first backed-up with hands-on training.

1963 Chevrolet Impala
    Bob's 1963 Impala has some of the worst holograms I've ever seen in a paint job along with some really atrocious orange peel. You can really see what I'm talking about in this thread.

You can really see what I'm talking about in this thread.

The Blindfolded Detailer Wheels Another Car!

Horrendous Condition
    The 1964 Chevy Panel Delivery is also in horrendous condition. (Sorry Carlos, that's actually a term I use to describe paint in really bad condition though). After the PD arrived this morning I felt the paint and it feels like 80 Grit Sandpaper.

This will be a great chance for everyone to test out the Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads to get the paint clean and smooth before we start machine polishing.

Here's a picture of the passenger side rear fender...

Here's the same area of paint lit up using the Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light...

Note ALL the paint on this truck looks the same way, this includes the white painted portions but it's easier to capture and share the swirls in the red painted portions. You get the idea though... this paint needs to be polished...

That's it for now, thought I would share these two cars and the condition they are in before class starts this Saturday morning at 8:00am sharp. My students really have their work cut out for them...

I sent them all an e-mail yesterday telling them to get a GREAT night's sleep as I'm going to work their butts off. I also told them to wear clothes that are comfortable and will allow them to work hard. No high heels, no flip flops.

Coffee will be hot and donuts will be fresh both mornings and I'm confident they are all going to sleep really well Saturday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here's what Autogeek's classroom looks like for one of our Detailing Bootcamp Classes

AWESOME!

I can't wait till I get to attend one of these classes.. I can't afford it at the moment but hopefully this summer!!

I'm saving up for it

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here's what Autogeek's classroom looks like for one of our Detailing Bootcamp Classes

Very cool. Out of curiosity ,how much are the classes?

Post Thanks / Like

Never mind. Found the pricing

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post

Very cool. Out of curiosity, how much are the classes?

Starting with the next class in May the price is $750.00 for the two day class. This also includes $200 Autogeek.net gift certificate.

So that breaks down to $275.00 per day for the weekend class.

Just to note, at the top of every forum page there's a graphic that looks like this,

If you >>>CLICK<<< on it you will be taken to the store page to register for the class online just like adding a can of wax to your shopping car. You can also sign up by calling Autogeek.

Currently we only offer these classes three times a year.

• End of January
    • Beginning of May
    • End of September

We keep the dates consistent to align with other activities at Autogeek plus normal schedules in life, for example lots of people take their vacations in July and August so July and August are not good months to schedule weekend classes.

Hope that helps... and something that's really cool is because Autogeek is the largest online supplier to the car detailing world so you always get a chance to work with cool new tools and technology.

As I progress through today I'll post some more pictures of some of the things everyone will be working with this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike. Even though I have learned a ton on my own and through others, I would still like to eventually attend a class. You never stop learning in this field.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try and get in to the end of Sept Class. Until then Purchasing your Book will have to suffice as well as watching any vids you post.

I really want to attend your class

Mike if you dont mind could you tell me what hotel stay runs for those two nights? Just an approx.

I'm guessing that the class, hotel, gas (driving from FL panhandle 7 hours) and food It will be about a 1k package.

and then as a Bonus I get 200 bucks to spend at AG .. Very cool

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jrocket View Post

Mike if you dont mind could you tell me what hotel stay runs for those two nights? Just an approx.

Both hotels, less than a mile from Autogeek and actually just a few blocks down the main road after you get of I-95 are both about $100.00 a night.

The Marriot trumps all else as it has a lounge/restaurant right in the lobby and they actually have really good food and a great selection of cold adult beverages. I usually get the Barbeque Ribs and they are GOOD!

There's a pool and a hot tub too and an outside fire pit. Big screen TV's and a row of computers for accessing the Internet. Just my opinion but for a few extra dollars and the convenience of the easy access food and drink, the Marriot is the best choice.

Hang tight, getting ready to share some pictures of all the cools stuff we're going to use this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Both hotels, less than a mile from Autogeek and actually just a few blocks down the main road after you get of I-95 are both about $100.00 a night.

The Marriot trumps all else as it has a lounge/restaurant right in the lobby and they actually have really good food and a great selection of cold adult beverages. I usually get the Barbeque Ribs and they are GOOD!

There's a pool and a hot tub too and an outside fire pit. Big screen TV's and a row of computers for accessing the Internet. Just my opinion but for a few extra dollars and the convenience of the easy access food and drink, the Marriot is the best choice.

Hang tight, getting ready to share some pictures of all the cools stuff we're going to use this weekend.

Thanks for the advice.. Yetah the Marriot sounds like the way to go. seems to have everything I could want.. and If I'm gonna make the trip mine as well spend a little extra and enjoy the better hotel and the onsite available drinks

Man now you have me thinking about Ribs... Seriously I know what's I'm having for dinner now..

Cool looking forward to the pics

Mike Phillips

Here's a few from the last few hours of setting up...

Adding fresh water to the Mytee Lite II

Cycling water through to heat up both the water and the water line...

I tape the handle so I can do something else while the water heats up...

IF you don't circulate the water before using the line will be cold and your initial water coming out of the extractor will be cold.

Filling up the Aztec...

Heating up the water...

Cycling the water to pre-heat the water line...

Here's all the tools we'll be using to sand down the 1963 Impala... Rental cars, hoods, cookie sheets area all good and I've used all of these over the years but nothing trumps a classic or streetrod for hands on training and real-world experience, not to mention fun!

After sanding everyone that attends will be cutting the sanding marks out using the new Meguiar's M100 Pro Speed Compound with rotary buffers and wool pads.

Oh and "yes" this is a SS model, never mind the swirls to the right, we'll be removing these...

We're going to wash this Impala using the Nanoskin Wash Mitts and then decontaminate using IronX.

For the Panel Delivery we're going to decontaminate using Nanoskin Autoscrub pads on a variety of DA Polishers...

Then we're going to use Flex 3401's with Hybrid pads in both 5" and 6.5" with Pinnacle polishes and then machine wax...

Back out to the garage to set-up for convertible tops, interior detailing and using Microfiber Pads with the new SONAX Fine Abrasive Paste and Nano Polish to shine up the Airport Van.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast