autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Car wax for white cars ?

I'm probably doing overkill and lots of unnecessary work but after I prep my white paint by claying (I'm now going to start adding a paint cleanser as well), I put down Duragloss 601/111 x2 for a really nice shine. I usually top this from time to time with their AquaWax spray sealant. However, I like to use lots of products even though my go-to and base products are Duragloss. I guess I'm a junkie and just like to buy stuff.

For example, I'll will try Collinite 845 wax over the Duragloss sealant my next detail just to see what it looks like (I have heard lots of good things about 845). I have a shelf full of quick detailers and spray waxes besides AquaWax that I put on after each wash, such as: Einszett spray wax, Optimum Spray Wax, Griot's Speed Shine, PoorBoy's Spray and Gloss, Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine, Optimum No Rinse home brew detailer mix, etc., etc. I mix and match one on top of the other - after each wash I just pick one from the shelf that suits my fancy and spray it on.

Because I wash about once a week, I could have as many as four or five different spray sealants and waxes on top of each other during just a months time. I always have lots of protection with good beading and great shine even though I know a purist would not do it this way. I also don't have a compatibility problem at all with any of these, which has always been a concern of mine. I think many of these products are about the same in formula, application and looks. I am convinced that if the prep work is done right, any of these waxes and sealants will look good on a white car. Since I do this often, durability of the product is not a problem or concern. The only concern I have with all this is my mental state!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Metalic White BMW. The last year I have used 4Star Paint cleaner,(paint Prep) before using their polish.
    I did half of the hood comparison between BFWD and 4Starr. I could not see or feel any difference between the two. both were easy to apply and to look at.

Nice looken ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the CG Black Light & V7 combo on this White G8 just for fun and I was very impressed!

This was after a full paint correction.
    2008 G8 GT - Tons of pictures

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I have a white car and I use Menzerna Power Lock Sealant then top with Lusso Oro Premium Carnauba Wax. For the price point its a great wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a White Camaro SS and I did a test panel of several different LSP's after I polished the car, and I could not tell the difference. As Mike said, the shine mostly comes from the prep. After I corrected the paint, I applied 845 and then topped with anotehr wax just for fun (I dont even remember which one I used). My dad has a TL that is pearl white and I have used XMT360 with good results. Now, I am working on an old Sentra with single stage white. After I correct the paint I am going to use Dodo White Diamond as the LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thank you mike and all of you for your kind answers !
    Really helped me out here!
    All I want to know now is how long does a 8oz BlackFire Crystal Seal Paint Sealant last ?
    How much do I on an average car? is 8oz enough for a few cars or a Lot of cars ?
    Thanks again! your the best!

Sasson - White Subaru Brz 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sasson View Post
    All I want to know now is how long does a 8oz BlackFire Crystal Seal Paint Sealant last ?
    How much do I on an average car? is 8oz enough for a few cars or a Lot of cars ?
    I'm guessing but a 4 oz bottle probably does around 20 cars, but remember you probably will apply 2-3 coats per vehicle but that should allow you to do the math you need. Think the 8 oz BFCS is on BOGO right now - that's worth getting!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    I'm guessing but a 4 oz bottle probably does around 20 cars, but remember you probably will apply 2-3 coats per vehicle but that should allow you to do the math you need. Think the 8 oz BFCS is on BOGO right now - that's worth getting!!
    OH! You don't know how much you have helped me right now!
    Thank you for your answer, Placing my order RIGHT NOW!

Sasson - White Subaru Brz 2013

Post Thanks / Like

8 oz will last you a LONG time! It's seriously like two sprays per panel, it's awesome!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

OH! You don't know how much you have helped me right now!
    Thank you for your answer, Placing my order RIGHT NOW!
    FWIW, it continue to play around with other LSPs but inevitably come back to BFCS or WG Spray Sealant. (I'm pretty sure I'm done at this point-haha) But I must repeat Mike's comment about it's all in the prep. So by the end of a long 6 hr session of using my DA, I'm tried and the last thing I want is an old school - "wax on / wax off" type of product with a 30 minute setup interval and several hour curing period before apply a second coat. Furthermore, with three coats of BFCS I'm able to coat nooks and crannies that I wouldn't dream of reaching with a conventional wax. Also not worried about staining the rubber bits, as these spray sealants are used to protect those areas as well. The only place BFCS falls a little short is in longevity, with an average life around 3 mos (give or take). But since it's soooo easy to apply, I probably use it on a monthly basis so it's all good from my point of view. There is no one perfect product but imho, the Blackfire and Wolfgang spray sealants come pretty darn close. Please post up you comments once you receive and apply your new LSP - personally I'm anxious to hear your impressions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast