autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanoskin Autoscrub Mitt

On the description it says to use with Nanoskin's shampoo, so is it essentially saying to combine claying and washing into one step? Would it be safe to wash the car how I originally would, and then use Nanoskin Glide with the wash mitt as opposed to the pads/shampoo? Ultimately, is it safe to mix and match (within the Nanoskin product line)?

Also, unrelated topic but I've just ordered everything I need for my 7424 except for lighting, I'll be working in my garage which has some lighting, but hardly sufficient for detecting defects. I've heard a lot of complaints about Brinkman's lights being hit or miss, and then complaints of them not standing behind their own products. I'm not trying to install new lights in our garage, I'm just looking for suggestions as to what type of lighting to look for. I'm trying to stay within a reasonably meager budget but I do understand that there's a certain minimum required to get the results I'm trying to achieve.
    07 Mazda 6i

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope It's safe mixing products....I just orderd a wash mint and some Nanoskin glide as a lube....

Sent from my HTC Hero S using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin Autoscrub Mitt

That's exactly what I was considering doing. I'm also curious as to if the Nanoskin Mitt is safe with non-Nanoskin high-lubricity shampoos, clay lubes, QD's etc...

I don't imagine it doing too well with ONR, I could be wrong but it seems to me that there other products designed specifically for lubricity as opposed to ONR's all-encompassing purposes.
    07 Mazda 6i

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking about picking up the mitts too. I figure any decent soap like DG 901 or MJS Ultra Gloss is equivalent to Nanoskin Bubble Bath Wash and Shine Shampoo. As far as technique, I am thinking rinse, then foam, then rinse, then foam one panel at a time and use the wash mitt one panel at a time. Also in between panels have the wash mitt soaking in a soapy solution.