autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

need some help on blackfire products

As I am new to detailing and recently found the Autogeek website . I have spent hours reading the forums and have now ordered a bunch of BlackFire products. What I would like to see if someone can help me with the order I should apply the products. I may have bought some of the same stuff with different names.
    Here is what I have done.
    1. Washed car -WD conditioning shampoo
    2. clayed entire car
    3.Blackfire Finishing polish
    4.Blackfire Wet Diamond all finish Paint Protection5.
    5. Midnight Sun Ivory Paste wax.

Ok , things look great , but, when was I supposed to do the Crystal Seal and do I use the Midnight Sun Instant Detailer or the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray after my weekly washes.

Thanks for your advice , this is a great website . Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need some help on blackfire products

Welcome!

From my perspective you have a little bit of overlap in your products but it is manageable.

Crystal Seal (CSPS) is a paint sealant; typically this is applied after polishing and before applying a wax. Also, consider with any sealant that applying a wax is not mandatory. It's all based on personal preference.

Midnight Sun Instant Detailer (MSID) is exactly that; an instant detailer. These types of detailing products are very close to waterless washes, and depending on the product manufacturer they can be one-in-the-same. You would use this product in place of a washing step. That said, you wouldn't use this product after running your car through a mud bath.

Wet Diamond Polymer Spray (WDPS) seems to be a quick detailer; which does the same thing as MSID but the cleaners are not as strong. For the home-user with 1-2 vehicles, you probably wouldn't need an Instant Detailer and a Quick Detailer in your inventory.

In place of your weekly washes, you can simply use WDPS or MSID on a weekly basis depending on how much dirt and grime is on the vehicle.

In summary:

1- BFWD and CSPS are both sealants; so some overlap.
    2- MSID and WDPS are both detailers with some variation in cleaning strength and polymer protection left.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

not to much to add to what mwoolfso already said. I use BF on my cars and have been happy with it. If you follow BF's instructions and let the Wet Diamond cure for 8 hours and then top with two coats of Midnight Sun wax, it will really pop.

I use the MSID once or twice per week on my DD to keep the bugs and road dirt off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Welcome!

From my perspective you have a little bit of overlap in your products but it is manageable.

Crystal Seal (CSPS) is a paint sealant; typically this is applied after polishing and before applying a wax. Also, consider with any sealant that applying a wax is not mandatory. It's all based on personal preference.

Midnight Sun Instant Detailer (MSID) is exactly that; an instant detailer. These types of detailing products are very close to waterless washes, and depending on the product manufacturer they can be one-in-the-same. You would use this product in place of a washing step. That said, you wouldn't use this product after running your car through a mud bath.

Wet Diamond Polymer Spray (WDPS) seems to be a quick detailer; which does the same thing as MSID but the cleaners are not as strong. For the home-user with 1-2 vehicles, you probably wouldn't need an Instant Detailer and a Quick Detailer in your inventory.

In place of your weekly washes, you can simply use WDPS or MSID on a weekly basis depending on how much dirt and grime is on the vehicle.

In summary:

1- BFWD and CSPS are both sealants; so some overlap.
    2- MSID and WDPS are both detailers with some variation in cleaning strength and polymer protection left.

Hope this helps.
    Great Summary!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I use the poly spray after a hose wash to amp up the shine. The instant detailer I use for quick wipe downs, usually after the car has been outside for the day or been at the car show all day. If its a show car..... wash, poly spray, if your QD has carnauba in it.... there is your shine!