autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taking the plunge, buying a HUGE kit! Need you guys to look over it before purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    You will have to call in your order to make that change but I doubt there will be any price difference. AG is great about stuff like this!

Will call in today. And I can use the labor day discount now!

The compound II has more cut and less working time than the Hyper Compound. Plus I really like the spray, it makes priming and adding product to the pads really easy.

Yeah I think I'm going to go with the spray... even though it's ungodly expensive!! bogo helps with that though!

Without seeing your car I would almost guess you might be able to just use the hyper polish and skip the compound all together. The hyper polish really changes with the pad used, cuts well,with a heavy cut pad and polishes out really nice with a polishing pad and will even finish further with a finessing pad.

That would be awesome if I only had to use a polish, I'll be sure to try that first before the compound.

Good choice going with the flat pads IMO!

Thanks for the great suggestion See I'm not against changing my order, just need a good enough reason to!
    Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taking the plunge, buying a HUGE kit! Need you guys to look over it before purchase

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    I think I'm going to prefer the spray version, even though you can get much more quantity in terms of liquid. The whole no dusting and ease of application is very tempting over the liquid and better deal lol
    The liquid ones have very, very minimal dusting too, unless you over-apply or over-work the polish/compound
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Alright guys, looks like I have everything in my cart. It looks like this EXCEPT FLAT PADS not CCS.

What do you guys think?

Taking the plunge, buying a HUGE kit! Need you guys to look over it before purchase-cart-1-jpg

Taking the plunge, buying a HUGE kit! Need you guys to look over it before purchase-cart-2-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your help and insight. I hope to see you guys on the other side of a bright and mirror like car finish

Total cost with tax for everything was $571 *yikes*, I think I may need some with overspending on my car

On the plus side, I got 15% off, a free 2 ounce sample, a free blackfire banner, a free "mystery gift" which AG says is worth 50, and free shipping!!

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    The liquid ones have very, very minimal dusting too, unless you over-apply or over-work the polish/compound
    I just went ahead with the spray. I figure you can't wrong with either, but since I'm getting the spray polish, I wanted the matching spray compound LMAO!

Post Thanks / Like
    College kid = poor budget I'm trying to spend the least money for the best results. When I'm making a lot more money in the future, you can bet I will be buying all sorts of combos to try out

I've decided to go with Optimum Hyper Compound and Polish instead of M105/M205 though!
    Totally understand that. I was a poor college kid once many years ago. Now, I'm just a poor old guy with a wicked AG addiction. Good luck with the Camaro.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your help and insight. I hope to see you guys on the other side of a bright and mirror like car finish

Total cost with tax for everything was $571 *yikes*, I think I may need some with overspending on my car

On the plus side, I got 15% off, a free 2 ounce sample, a free blackfire banner, a free "mystery gift" which AG says is worth 50, and free shipping!
    You should have everything you need to get that mirror finish! Looks like AG took good care of you with the discount and free shipping + all the extra goodies

Did you get the flat pads or the CCS? If you swapped them was it any trouble or charge? That kit you ordered would be a very nice kit to point people to if it only had the flat pads!

Don't forget to keep us posted on your progress!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my opinion:

PC7424XP
    Meg's 5" Backing Plate
    Meg's 5" MF Cutting Pads
    LC 5" White Pads
    Meg's 3" Backing Plate
    Optimum 3" MF Cutting Pads
    M105/D300/M205
    Opti-Coat

I honestly don't think the orange pad will be enough to get all the swirls out of your paint.

The Optimum Hyper Compound Spray does not work as good as M105 or even D300.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin' View Post

The Optimum Hyper Compound Spray does not work as good as M105 or even D300.
    Your right it works better!
    Not as much cut as 105 but a lot less dust, and about 3 times longer working time. I'd put the hyper compound up against D300 anyday, D300 doesnt really impress me all that much. And with the lack of durability of the Meg Mf pads I know I won't be buying any more anytime soon.
    Really don't know what it will take to get the swirls out, have never seen them or his paint! He doesn't have pictures so? There are a lot of unknown factors.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Your right it works better!
    Not as much cut as 105 but a lot less dust, and about 3 times longer working time. I'd put the hyper compound up against D300 anyday, D300 doesnt really impress me all that much. And with the lack of durability of the Meg Mf pads I know I won't be buying any more anytime soon.
    Really don't know what it will take to get the swirls out, have never seen them or his paint! He doesn't have pictures so? There are a lot of unknown factors.
    Which would you recommend between the Optimum Hyper Compound/ Polish combo and the WG Duo 3.0 for another newbie to machine polishing?

Post Thanks / Like

You should have everything you need to get that mirror finish! Looks like AG took good care of you with the discount and free shipping + all the extra goodies

Did you get the flat pads or the CCS? If you swapped them was it any trouble or charge? That kit you ordered would be a very nice kit to point people to if it only had the flat pads!

Don't forget to keep us posted on your progress!
    Hey thanks for the tip on the flat pads, AG Customer Service guy had to check but gave me the OK after. Whole process took only a minute, so pretty happy with the customer service

Funny story, after the polisher kit the AG Cust. Serv. guy said "and what's next?" He ended up saying that line like 10 times because of all the things I ordered lmao!

So go ahead and point people to that kit, the CCS can easily be exchanged for flats.

And I will be posting details asap! I'm going to work on my friend's beat up car first, and maybe then my brother's ford, and then finally to my car. That way I can dial in my technique before I hit my paint. I will be sure to post all the details!

Quick question on the Optimum Hyper Compound and Polish, since they don't really dust, will I have to tape stuff off? I thought the whole point of tape was to stop dust in small crevices and such.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast