autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

buffing Harley fender

Hello, have an issue with the fenders, and side bags. I started buffing using menzerna super finish, and a 3m foam pad, clean, and the paint is black, buffed very lighty, and wiped clean with a clean micro, after this process any material I put on the paint after buffing will not accept, it looks like it was wetsanded or applied in direct sun on a hot day. Wax klasse products, even 50/50 water/alcohol makes the finish like this...

The only thing that I can think of its because its fiberglass, as in tank and fenders did not do this, this bike is a 90 fltc... Any suggestions? Thanks much

Post Thanks / Like

Re: buffing Harley fender

I did a road king 2 weeks ago and ran into same issue. Ended up using poor boys polish w/sealant on bags and oil tank. Weird. Everything I threw at it made it look worse. Wish I had some fiberglass polish to try. Love to know what other people are using

Post Thanks / Like
    Use Meg's 105 and do not follow this up with 205 or it will look worse, I have not found a finishing polish that works on older black Harley paint. But I've only tried, menzerna po85rd, 106fa, Meg's 205 & swirl remover 2.0, Wolfgang finishing glaze, pinnacle advanced finishing polish, optimum polish II and finishing polish and hyper polish, xmt #1&2, collinite #920. What I ran out of that might of worked was duragloss 501. Good luck!

A passion for perfection!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So you tried all of them after 201, & it came out how I described?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way I can get some kind of wax or sealer on is if I pit it on with machine, doing it by hand will not work, as its like the paint will not accept it, I also tried 3m finnese it, n same thing...

Post Thanks / Like
    The pic was after 105 only, I couldn't get it looking better with any finishing polish, it actually looked worse, and the only product I wish I would've had but didn't was duragloss 501 since its made for fiberglass and has abrasives. I have theories but not facts, and my theory was that the finishing polishes had to much solvent, softening the paint to much causes the haze looking like you just wet sanded it, but this was just my guess.
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

read through this thread, http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...em-solved.html then PM TLMitchell and ask him your specific questions. He's a nice guy who will likely give you a helping hand.