autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

extreme contamination of paint

Yesterday I offered to detail my brothers car for free to try out my new 7424xp and he accepted. After the wash I started claying and found much of the rear clip has more contamination than I've ever seen before. Some areas took 3 rounds of clay before it went smooth. Even after this though, a great amount of visible contamination was still in the paint. My question is, will the PC take this out without harm? I'm a little worried that when buffing this contamination will be pulled out and drug across the paint.

Edit: the visible contamination won't come out with clay. I'm using a meguires clay, if it matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: extreme contamination of paint

Pics would help. Are you sure it's contamination?

Mike Phillips

Foam pads on tools that oscillate tend to glide over contaminants versus slice or kick them off the paint.

A rotary buffer with a wool pad and a compound will tend to grind off contaminants.

Not sure what the contaminants might be but sometimes I've had luck with Xenit...

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner removes resins, carbon deposits, silicones, and contaminants from molds. You’ll never again be frustrated trying to remove tough gunk and grime in your home, office, garage or car. Natural citrus XENIT by Stoner removes tacky, grimy dirt so well, in most cases you can simply “wipe it away.”

Xenit is a natural precision mold cleaner used as a degreaser in the plastics and rubber molding industries. It contains Citrus 66, a highly refine extract of citrus fruit. This powerful ingredient removes greasy soil and stains that can't be removed by soap and water.

Use XENIT to quickly permanent marker, crayon and lipstick “accidents” in the car and around the home. It removes release agents, resins, carbon deposits, and other contaminants left in mold cavities.

Xenit contains more than five, different, high performance cleaners. Unlike most water-based citrus cleaners that are designed to lift and carry dirt, XENIT is formulated to break down the complex molecules found in sticky materials. This MicroActive cleaning action gives XENIT unequaled abilities to loosen and dissolve difficult grime like tar, grease, gum and adhesives. It even removes dried latex paint if accidentally dripped on carpet, flooring, or furniture. Xenit removes shoe scuffs and heel marks from from vinyl panels and greasy dirt from fabrics and upholstery.

Save yourself hours of agony trying to remove sticky stuff with standard cleaners. Avoid wasted time spent laboring with inferior water-based products. XENIT is formulated to evaporate and dry completely, leaving behind no sticky residues or streaky soaps.

10 oz. aerosol.

You could also try a more aggressive clay...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to get some pictures up around 330. And yes, I'm pretty sure its some sort of road fall out. Can't be bugs its completely covering the rear bumper and some other areas, and i don't think bugs are splattering on the rear. And thanks Mike, too bad I just got my most recent order from auto geek so I can't add the xenit and I don't have a rotary I'll see if I can find more aggressive clay and some other chemicals locally. I'd order more but this has to be done for a car meet tomorrow.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after going over it with the buffer it took a good chunk of this stuff off. Wish I had more input onto what it was but I'm glad it came out.