autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best way to appply glaze on a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny B View Post
    No swirls detected to date. I Meguiars XNT 2.0 wax and the results are great. I tought glaze would improve gloss.
    Thanks
    I think you'll find more gloss in a wax IMO
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

i

m

o

You should look into the Duragloss line of products
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Meg's #7 (and all glazed for that matter) is used for 1 of 2 purposes. Either to restore dull, dry non-clearcoat paints, or to cover up swirls and holograms left by a crappy buffing job (like Flash was saying). Try using Meguiar's Ultimate Polish. You can find it at many auto parts stores or Walmart. It will remove ultra fine swirls and polish your paint to a mirror like finish, thereby enhancing gloss. After that, top with a coat of wax. You mentioned using a Porter Cable. If you have that machine, definitely use it to polish the paint, paired with a polishing pad. Expect to go through approx 4 polishing pads on your vehicle. Mike Phillips has many great videos and articles about how to care for a vehicle. You can find a list of them in a link in his signature. Find them and spend some time studying them. Accept that you won't be able to achieve perfection when just starting out learning how to machine polish a vehicle, but you will be able to get your car looking better than 99% of the cars on the road.
    Old sig- My GG can beat up your PC
    New sig- Well, it's still got a lifetime warranty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    In your case, 12 Hyundai Sante Fe parked outside, my suggestions do a decon (Dawn) wash, clay, polish (Menzerna or Megs) and sealant (DG 105 or C 845 or Ultima Paint Guard). Then maintain with wash and spray wax/sealant (DG Aquawax or Megs D156).

Skip the glaze or do it before you seal and after polish if you want to use it.
    Good advice
    Old sig- My GG can beat up your PC
    New sig- Well, it's still got a lifetime warranty

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice guys - "inyadreams" & "Flash Gordon"
    Another fan of Duragloss products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love glazes and no they all don't wash off after washing a car. Clearly those who don't use these products have no reason to say such things.

The best on the market in my opinion is not sold here. It's called wet glaze 2.0. Google it. It's acrylic based, does NOT wash off and can be layered or applied before or after any LSP. And yes it does make the paint come alive
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Johny,

Everyone's spot on with their comments regarding glazes and it uses. Another thing to be aware of is glazes like Meguiar's #7 is temporary at best and offers ZERO protection.

New Cars

The finish from the factory is fresh but it should still go through some basic steps in order to keep its look and integrity year after year.

The basics in order are:

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Paint Correction & Polish
    • Seal
    • Wax

At a minimum after claying use a paint cleaner or a 1-step product.

Clean & Correct

Duragloss #501 is a very nice product that gives outstanding results and won't break the bank. Duragloss #501 incorporates very fine polishing abrasives that will remove minor swirls and like surface defects while also leave a bit of protective sealant behind.

Duragloss #501 works well when used with a white then gray foam pad. For best machine performance stick with the 5 1/2" size pads.

Protection

It sounds like your car will spend some time outdoors. Understanding that I think it's important to top the Duragloss #501 with a quality sealant. Duragloss #105 is a great companion and if you like gloss you'll like Duragloss #105.

Duragloss #105 lays down so easily with a soft blue or red pad.

There are so many other quality sealants and waxes available through Autogeek and others I can personally recommend are:

Sealants

Wax

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much to all for the submitted advices.I must say that I am a bit confused but I'll try to get around with that.As I live in Canada it is not easy to get the specified products and transport,duties and taxes are very expensive so I must order the suitable products.Your are lucky guys to live in US.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

I use DG 501 as cologne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I love glazes and no they all don't wash off after washing a car. Clearly those who don't use these products have no reason to say such things.

The best on the market in my opinion is not sold here. It's called wet glaze 2.0. Google it. It's acrylic based, does NOT wash off and can be layered or applied before or after any LSP. And yes it does make the paint come alive
    I agree, Wet Glaze 2.0 is a great glaze. I've used it beneath my LSP and on top. It's easy to apply and easy to remove. It leaves a noticeable extra shine and gloss.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast