autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Windshield Glass Streaks - Honda

Man...this issue would drive me BONKERS!!! Does the "tint" around the windshield feel like its surface or smooth? I don't think its tint...I think thats how it is from the manufacturer.

At this point I'm just throwing out ish...try some goo gone and see if that works.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

I've had success using hot water. You might have to go over the glass 3 or 4 times, each time wiping with hot water then toweling off. If that doesn't work try some Goof Off. That stuff has cleaned everything that I have used it on.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a lot of problems with my Honda-product windshield (2003). I find both the inside and the outside very difficult. One time I used a mild glass polish (that I just used this morning on another car without issue) and it left a haze that I could not get off until I repolished with something else. The inside is also grabby as you describe, and there is a rectangular sticker mark that WILL NOT come off...I believe the inside has some sort of coating, perhaps related to laceration protection (GM used to put a plastic inner layer on some of their windshields but people would scratch it so they stopped).

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be you are using to much cleaner, try backing off and see if it helps. I used to have a problem with streaks as well until I used less product and that fixed the problem. I might also add picking up a glass master pro cleaning tool it makes cleaning the glass a breeze, use the multi-purpose bonnet to apply the cleaner and to work it in then then switch the tools head ( it comes with two )with one that has a microfiber bonnet to wipe off any remaining product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

If any of the above does not work, try finding a local detailer that would be willing to steam clean the windshield. I would think that would work.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife is going to have the dealer look at it tommorrow in case they have some insight.

I also thought about trying a razor blade in a inconspicuous spot to see if I can scratch it... It is factory so I am assuming it should not scratch... We always use a flat razor blade to scrape off inspection stickers etc. and I can't ever remember an inside windshield scratching...

I might get one of those glass masters kits... I think my arms will love me for it..

I try a few more things and post back... thanks for all the suggestions thus far!

Post Thanks / Like

like someone else said try ipa,clay with glass cleaner.i have had good luck with autoglmn glass polish also

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife took it into honda today. The service department proudly scrubbed the window and brought my wife back to show her the perfect streak free window...

My wife pulled the Brinkman light out of the car and hit the windshield... it was worst than when we brought it in...

Honda said they have some expert coming through next week that maybe he could look at it and see if they know what's wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ranmac View Post
    My wife took it into honda today. The service department proudly scrubbed the window and brought my wife back to show her the perfect streak free window...

My wife pulled the Brinkman light out of the car and hit the windshield... it was worst than when we brought it in...

Honda said they have some expert coming through next week that maybe he could look at it and see if they know what's wrong...
    What a classic story! If Autogeek had a cartoon strip this would be the first one, with the wife pulling out the Brinkman...too funny. And the classic dealer know-nothing response and having to call in an expert.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a follow-up... I tried about everything on this glass including scraping with a razor blade..

Glass company come and looked at it... nobody could figure out what the heck was on the glass... Ended up replacing it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast