autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

5.5"LC ccs pad selection help for light swirls and marring

I'm in the process of placing an order for a 6-pack of LC ccs pads. My car has some minor swirls (mainly from QD) and haze/marring. Im purchasing some mezerna 106fa and go from there. What 6 pads would you all recommend me getting? My current products are:
    meguiars-ultimate-wash-wax
    Meguiars Gold Class Carnuba Plus Premium Paste Wax
    BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
    Meguiars Gold Class High Gloss Premium Quik Detailer
    Meguiars Mirror Glaze #7 Show Car Glaze
    Meguiars Mirror Glaze #105 Ultra-Cut Compound
    Meguiars Mirror Glaze #205 Ultra Finishing Polish
    Meguiars Ultimate Compound
    Meguiars Professional Detailing Clay
    Lake Country Hydro-Tech 6.5 Inch Foam Pads- Cyan,tangerine,crimson
    Miracle microfiber Towels

Anything you would add that I don't have, please let me know. My paint is called lava red although 99% of people swear its black but if it catches the sun just right you will see the red metallic flake shine through. I describe it as black cherry. Sometimes it looks purplish and even burgundy at times. I think it would look even better once I get the swirls and foggy haze out. Thanks for all the help you guys have givin me. Very much appreciated!!!
    2012 FORD MUSTANG GT 5.0 PREMIUM 1of519 LAVA RED
    WORK IN PROGRESS
    www.SPEED-NEEDS.com MOTORCYCLE DRAG RACE LOWERING STRAPS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5.5"LC ccs pad selection help for light swirls and marring

The tangerine pads you have, perhaps followed by the crimson should finish up nicely and take out your hazing. Before you order a bunch more pads, double-check your process with the 205. May not be working it long enough or doing something else that haze remains.

If you do want to add some CCS pads to the mix, I have great luck with white pads and the right compound. 2-3 of those, an orange for tougher jobs, and 1-2 black ones for applying wax should work.
    Mike at www.GreatReflections.biz
    Vancouver, WA's convenient Mobile Detailer comes to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5.5"LC ccs pad selection help for light swirls and marring

With your paint being in good condition I don't see the need for you having six different pads on hand. I would stick with HT pads but get some smaller sizes to accomodate smaller section/panels, and spot paint correction. You didn't say what polisher/machine you have, but going with your trend of Meg's products I am guessing you have a Meg's DA G110v2?... If that is the case I would get some HT 5.5" pads and maybe even some MF pads from OPT or Meg's; I would recommend some 3.25" mf compounding and polishing pads for pillars, edge work and spots correction.
    With UC and 105 and a HT cyan pad I would think you could remove any swirls and light scratches your paint may have and be able to finish/refine the paint to a high gloss with a HT crimson pad, or tangerine if need be.
    Have you even tried 205 on a tangerine pad to see what kind of swirl removal you get, and see if the gloss you achieve if what you are looking for?... For that matter have you even done a test spot with a HT cyan pad and either UC or 105, followed by 205 on a tangerine or crimson pad?
    That is what I would do/consider before spending more money and getting more pads and product that you will have to test to get a system dialed in for your paint. It sounds like you have plenty to get started to see if you need something different. But like I stated considering different size pads and possible a mf set would make more sense with the products and pads you already have. Hope this helps and others fill in any other blanks.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing