autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: sealant or wax choice

Sealants - Over the years sealants have come a long way and now rival some really great waxes in terms of depth and shine. They go on super easy and will leave you shocked at how great the finish looks.

Durability - Sealants are far more durable and protect longer, some twice as long as their wax counter part.

Something to keep in the back of your mind. The final results are largely dependent on the prep work done prior to applying the sealant and wax...

Cost

If I had to choose two products that excelled in both gloss and protection and cost less than $30.00 combined it would be:

Sealant - Duragloss 105 TPP
    Wax - Collinite 845

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Rejex for two years, and I'm very pleased with the results. I apply it after using clay bar and preparing the car properly. I was using Zainos products, but I found that Rejex holds up better to the punishment my car takes at HPDEs - rubber marks and clear bra abuse. I still finish the job with Zainos Grand Finale spray. I have a black 1999 Porsche that now gets lots of compliments because of the quality of the finish.

Still, I'm always looking for a better, more durable polish. Do you believe that the combination of Sealant - Duragloss 105 TPP and Wax - Collinite 845 are better? If so, why? Maybe I'll give it a try.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post

Self-Attunement towards: Nonaccommodation?!?!
    Nope as long as you are happy writing that way and trying your hardest to impress others. Then have at it. But realize that people have no clue what the heck you are talkin about. Not to mention people have to look up words just to read one of your post. if this was an "English 101" forum I'm sure it would be satisfying to know that you are challenging your readers. But we're just car guys looking for info about detailing. Not a history or vocabulary lesson!!! But go ahead and respond back with yet another comment that only further proves my point.

Op- I enjoy using both a wax and a sealant. For a little more added protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rotokim View Post
    I've used Rejex for two years, and I'm very pleased with the results. I apply it after using clay bar and preparing the car properly. I was using Zainos products, but I found that Rejex holds up better to the punishment my car takes at HPDEs - rubber marks and clear bra abuse. I still finish the job with Zainos Grand Finale spray. I have a black 1999 Porsche that now gets lots of compliments because of the quality of the finish.

Still, I'm always looking for a better, more durable polish. Do you believe that the combination of Sealant - Duragloss 105 TPP and Wax - Collinite 845 are better? If so, why? Maybe I'll give it a try.

Bob

Rejex is one product line I've never used. I cannot say if the Duragloss / Collinite combo is a step above but what I can tell you is I'm amazed at the gloss and the products ability to bead water and resist dirt and contaminates....

For a total cost of less than $30.00 it's tough to resist this combo....

Sealant - Duragloss 105 TPP
    Wax - Collinite 845

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought of Rejex as a very heavy duty sealant. But if you are going through Canadian winters, it would seem keeping salt off the car would be a bigger priority. Do they salt the roads up there?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tampatopless View Post
    I always thought of Rejex as a very heavy duty sealant. But if you are going through Canadian winters, it would seem keeping salt off the car would be a bigger priority. Do they salt the roads up there?
    unfortunately yes do do salt the roads. But how would keep salt off the car? Isn't the job of the wax or sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

I got the DP Poli-Coat sealant on BoGo a few weeks back and am really enjoying it. Very easy to apply and it leaves a really nice gloss.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Another hijack, if you will, jodoin25

Quote Originally Posted by Agfan View Post
    Lol dude talk about confusing. Everything you say has barely any point to it. Seems you try extremely hard to impress others on here by sounding intellectual and adding useless info. Ok we get it. Your a smart person and we all respect that. But come on!! Can't you ever just give a normal response? I really hope you don't carry on conversations like this with your friends or family.lol
    That being said. For such a smart gentlemen like yourself. It clearly shows what my name is in the spot beside this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agfan View Post
    Nope as long as you are happy writing that way and trying your hardest to impress others. Then have at it. But realize that people have no clue what the heck you are talkin about. Not to mention people have to look up words just to read one of your post. if this was an "English 101" forum I'm sure it would be satisfying to know that you are challenging your readers. But we're just car guys looking for info about detailing. Not a history or vocabulary lesson!!! But go ahead and respond back with yet another comment that only further proves my point.

Op- I enjoy using both a wax and a sealant. For a little more added protection.
    What we see in others, that disturbs us the most, is a reflection of ourselves.

The audacity to believe that one in his everyday goings, is doing so only to impress forum members, IMHO, is absurd hand.

Being a friend of Bob , not the detailer (Well, him too), but the good Dr., and of Bill Wilson, I too truly believe, that it is a spiritual axiom that every time we are disturbed, no matter what the cause, there is something wrong with us...12&12 page 90.

Futhermore,

OOS and OCW are my new playtoys.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like
    For what its worth, I was playing with some LSPs on a toolbox and found no noticeable differences in the appearances of 4 popular Carnuba waxes: Dodo PH Pro, P21s 100%, Lusso Oro, & PB Natty's Red. All where layered on top of PB Polish with Sealant, that I used to "correct" the paint on the toolbox and leave behind a sealant on the surface, to mimick how I would top a sealant with a wax on a vehicle. All the waxes looked the same(to me on this surface), but the thing I was was surprised about was how much darker and richer they left the paint than the sealant alone. the tape line strip in the middle is the sealant only. To the left is P21s 100%, to the right, the Dodo PH Pro - in the middle sealant only.

So from this little test, I found these
    4 waxes look pretty similar on black, but the Carnuba in them (I'm guessing that's it) really seems differentiate this stand alone sealant, from the same sealant topped with a Carnuba wax. This may not hold true for all sealants, and I plan on doing more testing with some others to see if it holds up. It's not the best pic (IPhone), but the results are distinguishable - and even more so in person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12