autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help! rubbing compound left dull spot

Quote Originally Posted by Perfections View Post
    He states that paint came off while polishing, so probably is single stage. Either way I agree with you, the only time I use that stuff is on a heavily oxidized boat lol
    your right, I did not read his post well enough before posting (something I usually make a habit of doing).

Ultimate compound will still work far better though and wont leave a dull finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    yes, most 2012 honda's are single stage. toyota still makes a few colors in single stage as well.
    Real Wrong on the Honda. Taffeta White and one other color I can't recall the name of is it for single stage paint. The vast majority are cleared.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, most 2012 honda's are single stage. toyota still makes a few colors in single stage as well.
    Single stage with clear or without?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    Single stage with clear or without?
    Single stage means the paint does not have a clear layer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Real Wrong on the Honda. Taffeta White and one other color I can't recall the name of is it for single stage paint. The vast majority are cleared.
    There most popular color sold is that single stage taffeta white. So I dont think i'm that far off base or "real wrong".

Post Thanks / Like
    Single stage means the paint does not have a clear layer.
    Yes I am aware of that. SS paint has clear mixed into it and yes some Auto manufacturers still us SS especially red, black and white.

Most new cars have 2 stage; if his clear was soft it is possible he went through the clear, even by hand.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the advice! I spent a few hours on the car today and just did the compound in a few spots...it did leave a haze, although it did get some transfer paint off my bumper. the tail now looks like crap and it tore off some paint in a few blemish spots.The wax I used actually worked really well....its nice and shiny and now you can see ALL the scratches and blemishes! I managed to shine it up without leaving any swirls or residue, except in the spots where I tried the compound. My brother recommended something call Nu-finish? said that basically scratch removers cut thru the clear coat in order to take the scratch out or something? I'm a little pensive about using it. My car looks great from faraway...however when you get up close you can really see the scratches. I can post pics tomorrow like someone mentioned doing and see if you can all help me out that way. My boyfriend was pulling into a garage when the automatic garage door started to close on him. he backed out as fast as he could but the door scraped the roof of the car all down the left side. I love this car but I have to sell it and need it to look its best. but since some girl decided to ask it there was an easy "fix" to the leather drivers seat that's a bit worn, I figured I should spiff it up and give her less to complain about when she comes to do a test drive. I do have pics on craigslist under Portland OR (clark county) if whoever wanted to see the car wanted to look there.

But yes I'm pretty frustrated with the compound. I asked about it at the auto store I bought it from and it was recommended for my car. I specifically asked about something that could take out scratches from my car and that's what I was told to buy. the container says nothing about not being clear coat safe or whatever. I even watched a few youtube videos to check it out and looked up its ratings. I learned my lesson! Try and try again I guess....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

and yes I'm a girl! Someone kept referring to me as "he" in their post so I thought I would clear that up....Perhaps thats why the auto store thought they could sell me such crap. it clearly worked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12