autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help... Pictures Included

I have been working on my truck (2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Black) I washed/claybar and went back over with the quick detailer to make sure it was clean. I did one part of the rear driver panel with UC (last car picture I think) a few times with a grey applicator and I can tell that there is improvement, but not much (maybe 10% better, I can't get the picture to do it justice). So I'm holding off on doing the rest of the truck because it seems like a WOT.
    So, I know I'm going to have to step up and by a DA and a few more things from the store.
    Questions:
    -Can almost everything I need be bought from the picture I took? Its at walmart and I have a gift card, don't laugh... lol. Mike, if I can't do you have products in stock at your store in Stuart?
    - Will UC or the M105 with a DA get the results I want? Im looking to remove most of the RIDS and swirls, then polish and wax. The person that owned this before me didn't take to good of care of the paint.
    - Can anyone recommend a good process for me? With the type of pads as well? (I'm trying to get familiar with the terminology) Starting with wash all the way to wax.
    -Any other tips tricks and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I have been reading most of the stickies and articles by Mike.

Thanks
    Mat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help... Pictures Included-img_0076-jpg   Need help... Pictures Included-img_0078-jpg   Need help... Pictures Included-img_0084-jpg   Need help... Pictures Included-img_0088-jpg   Need help... Pictures Included-img_0087-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help... Pictures Included

I can't get the picture of the supplies to load... but they had the DA polisher and the "professional" line of waxes polishes and compounds, and also the microfiber correction system and all sorts of pads and rags. It was like a meguairs showcase shelf.

Let me know if y'all need better pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help... Pictures Included-img_0083-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

You will definitely need a DA polisher.

The main detailing process is wash, dry, clay, compound, polish, seal, and wax.

Since you seem to have the washing, claying, and a compound you will need to pick up a polish, sealant, and a variety of pads.

I would suggest buying the Meguiar's DA and that Microfiber Paint Correction system. It covers the compounding, polishing, and waxing stages of a detail. Also very easy to use.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

You asked alot more then one question
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Pics 2 & 5 tell me you need a DA polisher or Arms the size of Brock Lesner
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    You asked alot more then one question
    Because I need a lot of answers

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mbc4934 View Post

I have been working on my truck (2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Black) I washed/claybar and went back over with the quick detailer to make sure it was clean. I did one part of the rear driver panel with UC (last car picture I think) a few times with a grey applicator and I can tell that there is improvement, but not much (maybe 10% better, I can't get the picture to do it justice). So I'm holding off on doing the rest of the truck because it seems like a WOT.
    Yep, working by hand is hard and it will take you a long time and you still won't get the kind of pro results you can get with a simple DA Polisher.

So, I know I'm going to have to step up and by a DA and a few more things from the store.
    Questions:
    -Can almost everything I need be bought from the picture I took? Its at walmart and I have a gift card, don't laugh... lol. Mike, if I can't do you have products in stock at your store in Stuart?
    You can't get the polisher or the pads or the backing plate at Wallmart.

- Will UC or the M105 with a DA get the results I want?
    Yes.

- Can anyone recommend a good process for me? With the type of pads as well? (I'm trying to get familiar with the terminology) Starting with wash all the way to wax.
    • Wash
    • Clay
    • M105 or UC
    • M205 or UP
    • Your choice of wax
    • Watch some of my videos and read my how-to book

-Any other tips tricks and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I have been reading most of the stickies and articles by Mike.

Thanks
    Mat

Readers are leaders... and people that read and hang out on forums like this know more about detailing than most detailers that don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Because I need a lot of answers
    I understand that, but if you jam them all into one thread you'll be less likely to recieve imput of value

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I understand that, but if you jam them all into one thread you'll be less likely to receive input of value
    Exactly, take a moment to read this article,

A tip to help yourself get great answers when you start a thread

And this one,

How to write a good title for your thread

Both articles are written to help you help yourself.

Typing in a vBulletin message board system isn't hard but answering lots and lots of questions is clumsy.

It's always better to start at thread that tells people what you're working on.

My tires are brown

Then ask a few questions

• Why do they turn brown?
    • How can I remove the brown color
    • How can I keep them black longer?

Then when you have a NEW topic, like removing water spots off glass, start a new thread with a great title and a few questions.

By following these simple guidelines you make it EASY for the kind and helpful people on our forum to provide GREAT answers. Our kind and helpful forum member can provide GREAT answers if you make it HARD on them but why make it hard?

Make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, some Walmarts carry the Megs DA and backing plates, so check on their forums for which ones carry them, maybe one is close to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast