autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Too Much Armorall???

No need to get upset with each other...I appreciate any and all advice and perspectives on the matter. I do like a wet looking interior just as much as i like to see my tires shine. However, it was a good point that the glare of a SHINY dash is a distraction and could cause me more problems such as a smashed front end if I cannot see past the glare and put my car up a pole or something. I also think there is a little bit of a difference between "shiny" and "wet" My dash is not made of the right material to have a shine to it anyhow. It is a course leather and wet would be as far as I could go. My main concern is keeping the dust to a minimum. I love cleaning my car, although more than twice a week is becomng a hassle. And you may be right about the armorall attracting the dust because as soon as I clean it there is more dust there already. I will try the meguire's and see how that works. My other concern is that I got the car when it already had 34,000 miles on it, hence pre-owned and as you all know, not everyone is as picky about how well their car is taken care of. There are skuff marks on the door panels and door jams from shoes and whatever was opening the doors. I cannot seem to diminish the appearance of them. The door panel material is a black plastic so I am wondering if there is something for that like the rubbing compound you would use on the outside for skuffs and small scratches. I relly did not intend to start any problems with my inquiry. I welcme all opinions and advice. Thank you all very much for all of your responses.
    Mia

bmwgalore

Re: Too Much Armorall???

Try Optimum Power Clean diluted 6:1 and give it a scrub (medium hardness brush), all marks should be gone.

Post Thanks / Like

if your going to continue to use armor all cleaning wipes (which, personally, i'm a big fan of) ull want to apply then let the dash dry. afterwards, well, alot of great products have been mentioned on here. just stay away from anything else armor all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I cleaned this the 29th of last month and treated with 303 aerospace protectant. Not bad seeing the environment I'm in. Pics taken but 10 minutes ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger2011 View Post
    No need to get upset with each other...I appreciate any and all advice and perspectives on the matter. I do like a wet looking interior just as much as i like to see my tires shine. However, it was a good point that the glare of a SHINY dash is a distraction and could cause me more problems such as a smashed front end if I cannot see past the glare and put my car up a pole or something. I also think there is a little bit of a difference between "shiny" and "wet" My dash is not made of the right material to have a shine to it anyhow. It is a course leather and wet would be as far as I could go. My main concern is keeping the dust to a minimum. I love cleaning my car, although more than twice a week is becomng a hassle. And you may be right about the armorall attracting the dust because as soon as I clean it there is more dust there already. I will try the meguire's and see how that works. My other concern is that I got the car when it already had 34,000 miles on it, hence pre-owned and as you all know, not everyone is as picky about how well their car is taken care of. There are skuff marks on the door panels and door jams from shoes and whatever was opening the doors. I cannot seem to diminish the appearance of them. The door panel material is a black plastic so I am wondering if there is something for that like the rubbing compound you would use on the outside for skuffs and small scratches. I relly did not intend to start any problems with my inquiry. I welcme all opinions and advice. Thank you all very much for all of your responses.
    Thanks for this very insightful, intelligent post!
    It seems that on detailing forums, such as AGO's, there often will be parties at variance.

One thing to keep in mind...
    ArmorAll was the first company to come up with an "interior dressing"...They set the benchmark that others strived to either emulate and/or 'make better'.
    ArmorAll's formulation was recently changed to be VOC compliant...Doesn't mean it's the best dressing, or the worst.
    Some folks swear by it...some folks swear at it!

-I still prefer 303 AP, though, when dressing vehicles' cabin interior materials...even the dash's sometimes.

-If your dash is in fact leather...Try Leathermasters products.

-I will suggest to not use rubbing compound on black plastic door cards...Try something like Solution Finish and its pre-application cleaning processes.

In any case...Keep the shiny side up (the vehicle, that is.)
    And...IMO...There's other things, left best, to be wet.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    also PB Natural Look Dressing
    I love the look of PB Natural look dressing. It is awesome.
    OptiCoat is a great product. You should try it.
    If you are one of the 43% who do not pay FIT taxes, thank me for paying your share and my share.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    also PB Natural Look Dressing
    I love this stuff

Post Thanks / Like

PB Natural Look is one of the best!
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Too Much Armorall???

Thank yo for all the great advice. I will certainly try some of the products mentioned on here. It seems that the 303 and the PB stuff is the most mentioned so I will start there. I need to get the glass restoring kit I seen on here the other day to get the water spots off my windows. What a pain those are. I thought my arm was going to fall off by the time I waxed out the waterspots on the paint job. But it has rained several times since I waxed it and not a woter spot t be seen yet so I am thinking it was well worth the effort.
    Mia

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I tried the Meguires protectant on my interior and it works so much better. I only applied it yesterday but the dash looks so much healthier and the dust is not sticking to it. Thanks. I also ordered the glass restoring system yesterday so I am anxious for it to get here. Thanks again for all your advise.
    Mia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123