autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Too Much Armorall???

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sunday joe View Post
    That's the view from my windshield. How do I lower the glare ? Other than a dark flannel on the dash.
    (1.)

Dashboard cover, Dashboard covers, Dash cover, Dash covers, Dashmat, dash mat, dash mats, Suedemat, Suedemats, Suede mat, Suede mats, Velourmat,

Or:

(2.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougaross View Post
    polarized sun glasses

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the CG interior cleaner with awesome results. My dash stays dust free for at least a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I believe "shiny dashes":

should be grouped with the other items that belong in the:

Driving while Distracted laws!

Also: I, personally, do not like making any material(s) in a vehicle's cabin: "all shiny and wet looking"

Why not just wipe down the dash with clean, dedicated, MF towels?

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_10 View Post
    Any armor-all is too much armor-all. In my experience it attracts dust, I would try something like 303. Some people complain that the odor is not the most pleasant but I have had very good luck with it. Also PERL is a great product to use as well and is very inexpensive and is a very "flexible" product.
    I agree. I used to believe that shiny interiors were more stunning, but then my father pointed out to me that a shiny dash will blind you when the sun hits it. This was before I was driving. I realized he was correct, so only matte products on the dash. Sure, you can drive around a lot of the time enjoying your shiny dash, but it only takes one time at the wrong moment for the sun to blind you ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunday joe View Post
    That's the view from my windshield. How do I lower the glare ? Other than a dark flannel on the dash.
    Stop putting that greasy crap on your dash and clean your windshield....oh, and hang a right
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Dashboards!?!?
    It don't mean a thing ...if it ain't got that BLING...doo wop, doo wop, doo wop!!!
    Chicken lights and chrome!!!

VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with some products is they become addicting; which is exactly what the manufacturers want you to do. They want you to keep coming back to purchase more of their product, and return fast. I do not like products delivered as "wipes".

a) you have no idea how much actual product you are really buying (as opposed to packaging and delivery mechanism)

b) they can become addicting

As to overdoing it with the ArmorAll I heard the same thing many years ago. I am not sure how much truth there is today but I do know if you are always adding a protection layer on top of older protection layers that is not always a good thing (regardless of product). You should always clean to remove contaminated and uneven protection layers in favor of a new, fresh protection layer.

On my car, I clean with Vinylex or a light APC and then protect with PERL.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it amusing that just about everyone (not all) who has posted in this thread could not help themselves from posting there own personal preference on interior gloss level while disregarding the actual question from the OP. So what if you hate a wet looking dashboard, I dont think thats the OP's concern.

Since AG doesn't sell Armor-all I cant help you with questions concerning its usage. I would suggest you look into these product from autogeek.

If you want a deep wet looking dash you can use Meguiars Ultimate protectant spray.

Meguiars Ultimate Protectant Spray, vinyl and rubber protectant, dashboard dressing

or Meguiars Supreme shine protectant with scotch guard,

Meguiars Supreme Shine Protectant, interior protectant, rubber and vinyl protectant, plastic protectant, vinyl dressing, UV dash protectant, meguiars

You should probably clean the dashboard first before applying these products. Sounds like the armorall cleaning wipes should do the task.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    I find it amusing that just about everyone (not all) who has posted in this thread could not help themselves from posting there own personal preference on interior gloss level while disregarding the actual question from the OP. So what if you hate a wet looking dashboard, I dont think thats the OP's concern.

Since AG doesn't sell Armor-all I cant help you with questions concerning its usage. I would suggest you look into these product from autogeek.

If you want a deep wet looking dash you can use Meguiars Ultimate protectant spray.

Meguiars Ultimate Protectant Spray, vinyl and rubber protectant, dashboard dressing

or Meguiars Supreme shine protectant with scotch guard,

Meguiars Supreme Shine Protectant, interior protectant, rubber and vinyl protectant, plastic protectant, vinyl dressing, UV dash protectant, meguiars

You should probably clean the dashboard first before applying these products. Sounds like the armorall cleaning wipes should do the task.
    I see your point. However, the fact of the matter is that people share perspectives on this forum. Not every response is going to resonate well with every other member reading and/or responding in this thread (or the original poster). Also, if a large number of people respond with their preference for a non-glossy interior maybe that will cause one or more readers (and the original poster) to consider altering their approach and perspective. Isn't that a good thing? Again, it's all about sharing.

With all due respect, a portion of your response is the least relevant and valuable to the matter at hand compared to every other perspective shared. If you want to address/discuss how some people do not focus on the needs of the original poster's requests, then start your own thread on the topic. My intention here is not to attack, rather share perspective. As I said right at the start, I see your point. I just tend (and try hard at times) to see value in every perspective where there exists positive intent.

Post Thanks / Like

A California Dash Duster will keep the dust in line. It's cheap, works for years on end, and no shine. When the dash does need a little something Aerospace 303 is the way I go.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

I use the AA cleaning wipes for touch ups, like the dog drool on the door panel after mutt-breath goes for a ride. I use Meg's quick interior detail for routine cleaning, and 303 on door panels and dash at least 4 times a year, I don't really keep track.

I don't notice a glare, but I almost always wear sun glasses when driving in day time.

Also use a california dash duster that I keep in the console.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast