autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What to put on top of Klass

I have a dark red 2009 Honda Accord. I have Klass AIO followed by two coats of the sealant glaze. Looking for an easy to use durable wax. Suggestions?

At some point in time lets say I have waxed the car three or four times. Do I just start over with AIO, sealant, wax do I just keep waxing until the car is sold?

Thanks.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to put on top of Klass

collinite 845 is easy to use, very durable, and dirt cheap

you can just keep waxing if you like or depending on if the car needs claying (which it probably will at some point down the line - and the clay will probably take off a good portion of your protection) you can repeat your process with AIO, KSG, then 845 8-12 hours later
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post

you can just keep waxing if you like or depending on if the car needs claying (which it probably will at some point down the line - and the clay will probably take off a good portion of your protection) you can repeat your process with AIO, KSG, then 845 8-12 hours later
    +1. I use this combo and it looks fantastic and lasts forever.
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

IMO if the finish doesn't need to be clayed, why not just add another layer of sealant glaze? I mean it can be topped with any caranuba for sure and there's many out there to chose from but why not just apply one coat per month of SG, its so easy to use, especially when used on a damp applicator. If its been some time, well, you could apply a coat of KAIO and then apply a coat of KSG, wait the 12 hrs and apply another coat of KSG. Klasse is great stuff (not just because its my screen name either) and I read a cool tip here on AG, mix 1 oz of KSG in with 9 oz of water for a quick detailer. I've went a step further, added 1 oz of KSG to 9 oz of the ONR quick detailer formula (any quick detailer can be used with this stuff) Once you have this, you can use it inbetween detailings and apply a legit layer of protection to the paint surface too!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post

Klasse AIO + 2-3x KSG + 2x 845 is my standard in winter protection. It makes the car glow... It can easily last 6 months for me.

I also agree if you want to re-apply the KSG you will want to strip everything back down and start over from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    IMO if the finish doesn't need to be clayed, why not just add another layer of sealant glaze? I mean it can be topped with any caranuba for sure and there's many out there to chose from but why not just apply one coat per month of SG, its so easy to use, especially when used on a damp applicator. If its been some time, well, you could apply a coat of KAIO and then apply a coat of KSG, wait the 12 hrs and apply another coat of KSG. Klasse is great stuff (not just because its my screen name either) and I read a cool tip here on AG, mix 1 oz of KSG in with 9 oz of water for a quick detailer. I've went a step further, added 1 oz of KSG to 9 oz of the ONR quick detailer formula (any quick detailer can be used with this stuff) Once you have this, you can use it inbetween detailings and apply a legit layer of protection to the paint surface too!

If you wax over the KSG you will need to start over as the KSG will not bond properly. But I agree putting multiple layers of KSG on time creates a very unique look that some really like.

Post Thanks / Like

If your car didn't suffer any contamination, no induced swirls, etc. you wouldn't need anything else than re-applying your wax.
    But this is in an ideal world.
    In the real world, however, you do get all of the above and so, either with the process of decontamination, either with the process of polishing, you will eventually strip the protective layers and you will have to start all over again.
    And we geeks like to start all over again, even if we aren't obliged to...He, he, he...

Post Thanks / Like

I always found over the Klasse Twins that Sonus Acrylic Spray was all that was needed to add more gloss and it boosts the Klasse also.

Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant, Sonus paint sealant spray, spray paint sealant

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I always found over the Klasse Twins that Sonus Acrylic Spray was all that was needed to add more gloss and it boosts the Klasse also.

Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant, Sonus paint sealant spray, spray paint sealant
    By using Klasse, a wax in my opinion is counter productive. The best thing you can do now it boost the Klasse with Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn