autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Blaster ???

O.K. fellow car nuts. Need some advice. I am WANTING a Blaster, but can't make up my mine. I would really love to have the MasterBlaster, but my budget just doesn't support that right now. How does the Air Force Blaster compare ? I know that the MasterBlaster is twice as big, but does the other do a good job of drying off cars as well ? Wondering if I should save up more pennies and get the MasterBlaster, or go with the Air Force Blaster now ?
    Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Blaster ???

An electric leaf blower is a lot cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

I started with the Sidekick and finally graduated to the Master Blaster full size 8hp. I wish I would have put my initial money towards the big boy.

It is awesome. So much power, heated, filtered air. Dries like a champ.

Leaf blowers work, however I do not like the fact that the air is not filtered and you could run the risk of blowing debris onto your car's finish at high velocity.

Just my 2 cents.
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the Master Blaster is expensive but it does an amazing job. Of course I didn't need it but I really didn't need the thousands of dollars worth of products I've bought from AG over the past couple of years. It's an addiction, but it's a good one!

If you do decide to get one, you'll need a 20 amp circuit to run it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NastyGT500 View Post
    I started with the Sidekick and finally graduated to the Master Blaster full size 8hp. I wish I would have put my initial money towards the big boy.

Leaf blowers work, however I do not like the fact that the air is not filtered and you could run the risk of blowing debris onto your car's finish at high velocity.

Just my 2 cents.
    I like your $.02! I find the difference between 4 and 8 HP is huge! I wouldnt be happy with anything less than the 8 HP!
    If your house is newer,say 10 years, you probably have 20 Amp breakers already. Corey has 15 Amps and starts one motor at a time. He never trips his breaker. Other guys have had problems with 15 Amps.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foggy View Post
    An electric leaf blower is a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyGT500 View Post

Just my 2 cents.
    You could put a sock around the leaf blowers motor and hold it in place with a rubber band

It would be highly unlikely a leaf blower is going to pick up any contaminents that will harm your paint. Statistically, your more likely to have space junk land on your head and kill you according to NASA's website

3 Cents

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    I like your $.02! I find the difference between 4 and 8 HP is huge! I wouldnt be happy with anything less than the 8 HP!
    If your house is newer,say 10 years, you probably have 20 Amp breakers already. Corey has 15 Amps and starts one motor at a time. He never trips his breaker. Other guys have had problems with 15 Amps.
    What in the world are you guys blowing off that requires 8hp?!?!?!?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Save your pennies and get the Master Blaster. I operate mine on a 15 amp circuit and starting 1 motor at a time I have never had the breaker trip. Hands down more effective than my leaf blower.
    Paul

opie_7afe

imo, look around for a grooming dryer, some are big units like the masterblaster at a lower price, some are the size of the 4hp blaster. now remember the 8hp figure is over exaggerated for a TRUE 8hp motor to run you need atleast 220v 3 phase or even 440v power to run a 8hp motor... but companies can do that, not saying metro is a bad company AT ALL just saying most companies who use an electric motor for "consumer goods" have overly inflated power ratings.. as i said for just blowing water out of the cracks and such a 35$ leafblower from walmart with a custom made nozzle will work good for a lot of uses. or even just get a cheap 50$ air compressor from walmart and use that to blow water out of the cracks.

Motor Formulas <good info on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the same boat. All I can tell you so far, if you go with a leaf blower - don't get a rechargeable one. That's what I did. It seemed like a good idea, no cords, but it's almost useless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

You could put a sock around the leaf blowers motor and hold it in place with a rubber band

It would be highly unlikely a leaf blower is going to pick up any contaminents that will harm your paint. Statistically, your more likely to have space junk land on your head and kill you according to NASA's website

3 Cents

What in the world are you guys blowing off that requires 8hp?!?!?!?
    aI
    only use MF for ONR now!tever we blow, it blows it quick. Flash, if you tried one you would be hooked!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast