autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow "Best" (Highest Lubricity, Shine, Cleaning) Rinseless Wash?

Hi everyone

I am a very frequent user and believer concerning the Rinseless Wash products, as I have a car I only drive once per week when the weather's perfect through the summer and spring and it rarely requires a full wash/detail.

I have been using the Ultima Waterless Wash+ for several months now, and really enjoy the lubricity I feel with it, not to mention I actually believe it also adds a very noticeable gloss and richness to the paint, something else I'm VERY keen on since *I use the Waterless/Rinseless Wash products before doing a final spray-detail to maintain a flawless-clean exterior.

My Question is:
    A) Does anything exist, no matter what the cost or preparation/dilution hassle, that is even more lubricating, glossing, and protective than Ultima's Waterless Wash+,
    B)
    and also what microfiber towel would be BEST to use while doing a Rinseless Wash to ensure the BEST protection against contaminants marring the paint and ensuring a thorough cleaning?

Here are some ideas/similar products to spark the conversation... thank you.
    1. This appears to be the same thing, only SUPER concentrated; perhaps this would be my answer, as I can choose to dilute to my own standards and have something that is 2, or even 3x as potent as the pre-made Ultima Wash+ I've been using Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash
    2. Here is a product offered by one of Max's in-house lines, it also comes concentrated so perhaps it would also be a nice choice? Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate 128 oz.
    3. Griot's Garage makes one as well, although it seems to already come diluted, so it may not be the best choice possible Griot's Garage Spray-On Car Wash Refill Kit, Griots Garage waterless wash kit, Spray-On waterless car wash
    4. Now, I've head a LOT about Optimum's products, but for some reason when I did a SEARCH at Auto Geek, their No-Rinse Wash (ONR) didn't come up, which I thought was basically one of the best available... however, this item did come up that seems very nice Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer Quick Detail Spray, opt quick detailer, spray detailer, waterless wash, instant detail spray
    4b. Here's the Optimum No-Rinse Wash (ONR) I spoke above above... supposedly New & Improved (it's not the most expensive offering at $39 - but still awesome I'm sure) Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 128 oz. New & Improved!

Let's talk fellas...
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Best" (Highest Lubricity, Shine, Cleaning) Rinseless Wash?

IMO you can't go wrong with ONR, so 4b would be my choice.

I use a couple Cobra MF towels when using ONR
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wgilles View Post
    IMO you can't go wrong with ONR, so 4b would be my choice.

I use a couple Cobra MF towels when using ONR
    Thanks so much! When I run out of Ultima Waterless Wash+ I'll really look into ONR!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

PS: It seems quick detailers are actually the highest lubricity products, since Optimum ONR suggests 8oz per gallon of their concentrated product, but only 1oz per TWO GALLONS to create a waterless wash... doesn't make a lot of sense to me since QD's are used when the car is perfectly clean and freshly washed, yet the entire idea behind a Waterless Wash is to remove dirt and debris while offering added protection against scratching all without water.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

AG tossed in a sample of the new Blackfire waterless wash in my last order. Used it on my wifes 2012 magnetic gray metallic camry with VERY impressive results. I will be ordering some this week.

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Torch Red

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    PS: It seems quick detailers are actually the highest lubricity products, since Optimum ONR suggests 8oz per gallon of their concentrated product, but only 1oz per TWO GALLONS to create a waterless wash... doesn't make a lot of sense to me since QD's are used when the car is perfectly clean and freshly washed, yet the entire idea behind a Waterless Wash is to remove dirt and debris while offering added protection against scratching all without water.
    I could be wrong wrong but I think the idea behind that is that when your using ONR as a rinseless wash, you have ONR + water that will be on the surface to help prevent scratches etc. But when your using ONR as a QD, the ONLY liquid thats being used to help suspend the dirt off the surface is the amount your spraying on the car. So maybe it should be a little more slick. AND if your using the ONR QD to amp up the gloss, then more ONR is required to accomplish the required gloss amperage <= I know wrong use the the word but I figured it fit well. Thats just my brainstorming on it. And I ALMOST don't use QD's at all anymore. If I want to amp gloss after a wash, I use a spray sealant or wax. If I want to remove light dust or something from the surface, I use a waterless wash which is safer then a QD.

Long story short ONR is a fantastic product and I highly recommend it.
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the OPTI NO rise wash. I use it as a quick detailed and a wash and when a do a full car wash I add a Lil to my reg car wash

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using ONR v2 and must say its an amazing product for keeping the car clean. I live in an apartment so its a God send for sure and it also leaves behind a nice shine too. I also have made a gallon of it for quick detailer use, no problems there either, what a value when you consider a gallon of quick detailer is usually about $30.00 and here you can take what, 4 oz or so to make a gallon of QD and then you've got lots left over for washing cars, lots of them! I use my Griot's large waffle MF to dry the car off w/o a problem!

I'm sure the BF rinseless wash is also good but IIRC its $40.00 for a 1/2 gallon, thus meaning its twice the price of ONR. Now, I've recently purchased the BF wet diamond all paint sealant and LOVE the ease of use, ease of removal and the shine left behind. I also have their BF Crystal Seal which I haven't been able to use yet but expect great things from it too. Maybe if AG throws in a sample of the BF rinseless wash I'll give it a shot and see what's what.

Good luck to you!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Meguairs Express Wash (D114). Tons of cleaning power and your wash media will not get stained from the dirt.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit confused. Are you talking about rinseless washes, or waterless washes? Rinseless washes are used in the bucket, with a washmitt or other wash media, like a conventional wash - just without a rinse afterwards; while waterless washes are spray-on and then wipe off with an MF towel. The application is different, most manufacturers have different products in the different categories, and the amount of dirt that they can deal with is also different.
    Francis

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast