autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    opie_7afe

Re: "Best" (Highest Lubricity, Shine, Cleaning) Rinseless Wash?

all products require water, so therefore none of them are waterless....you also forgot about duragloss rinseless wash, imo this is the best looks wise that i have tried, ive tried onr v2 last touch(did not like), dp rinseless, dp waterless, and meguiars rinsefree express wash. the best one used for a QD/waterless wash is the duragloss rinseless due to the addition of the aqua wax, but with a rinseless a lot of it is personal preference. they all do a fantastic job, just read reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from my regular car wash, what would be a good idea to ADD to the solution as I wash my car so it dries spotless and streak-free with perhaps a nice sheen and boost on paint shimmer from wax at the same time? (I'll still use a spray detailer afterward since drips occur, and I'll have to get the door jams anyway, but I am obsessed with using the best methods, no matter how costly or how many products, on my dream car)
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    Hey man, just wanted to toss my opinion in and what I usually do. In a 32oz bottle I mix 1.5 oz of ONR with distilled water, then I take couple of quarts on water in bucket with one oz or so of onr. I use about 8 or so small 6x12 microfiber towels.

The Method I found the most efficient for me.

Spray the panel down with the spray bottle mixure. Take one of my small microfibers dip it in my bucket, clean the panel and wipe and shine with a cobra mf. I DO NOT put the small MF back in the bucket, I just use a new one so water does not get dirty.

What is needed is
    1 gallon of distilled water
    1 32 oz spray bottle
    2.5 oz of onr
    6 to 10 small MF towels
    2 Cobra plush MF
    1 plastic bowl

I just tried the BF rinseless with same method and wow it has alot more lube....
    Great post, I really read it in detail, and appreciated it! The insight you guys offer is excellent. I apply it every single time I'm able to spend some time with my car!

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    all products require water, so therefore none of them are waterless....you also forgot about duragloss rinseless wash, imo this is the best looks wise that i have tried, ive tried onr v2 last touch(did not like), dp rinseless, dp waterless, and meguiars rinsefree express wash. the best one used for a QD/waterless wash is the duragloss rinseless due to the addition of the aqua wax, but with a rinseless a lot of it is personal preference. they all do a fantastic job, just read reviews.
    Good point about nothing being 'waterless.' I did come to the realization that items advertised at waterless are the highest lubricity though, since they have to account for the additional protection needed without a soaking wet MF or mitt dipped in a bucket, so I'm going to stick with those.

I'm really leaning toward the following (I think any/all of the three below can be added to my wash-bucket when I'm doing a traditional full wash as well to help with gloss, water conditioning to avoid spotting while drying, as well as paint protection with increased lubricity - right?):
    1. Black Fire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash Concentrate
    2. Duragloss Rinseless with Aquawax
    3. Ultima Waterless-Wash+ Super Concentrate (I've been using the pre-made version of this for a year now, I spray it on the car as I dry)
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Last Touch is very good. It is a quick detailer/waterless wash.
    Shawn Tedrow
    Tedrow's Mobile Auto Detailing
    facebook.com/TedrowsMobileDetailing 845-642-1698

Post Thanks / Like

I use ibiz waterless wash and wax. It has the protection of 6 months and has great sine. If you want something thats also good get the car wash which is 90 percent suds free for less waterspotting
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn T. View Post
    Last Touch is very good. It is a quick detailer/waterless wash.
    Meguiar's Last Touch is NOT a waterless wash. Its a great quick detailer but don't use it as a waterless wash unless you want to test out some polishes afterward!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I use ibiz waterless wash and wax. It has the protection of 6 months and has great sine. If you want something thats also good get the car wash which is 90 percent suds free for less waterspotting
    Do suds cause water-spotting? I always thought it had something to do with the water, salt deposits or 'hard' water. I remember back in high school years ago I would buy gallons of purified distilled water, and pour them on my car before drying when I was done washing, and it worked great! Now, I just try to add something to my wash solution to 'condition' the water, although I'm still working on what's the best to add.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    Meguiar's Last Touch is NOT a waterless wash. Its a great quick detailer but don't use it as a waterless wash unless you want to test out some polishes afterward!
    I'm still confused what Last Touch is all about and what's it's primary purpose is/how it differs from their other Quick Detailer.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    Aside from my regular car wash, what would be a good idea to ADD to the solution as I wash my car so it dries spotless and streak-free with perhaps a nice sheen and boost on paint shimmer from wax at the same time? (I'll still use a spray detailer afterward since drips occur, and I'll have to get the door jams anyway, but I am obsessed with using the best methods, no matter how costly or how many products, on my dream car)
    If you are going use a QD afterwards on the paint why not just stick to the most economical(onr/DP on bogo)? If you are doing two steps you will get better results using two different products vs an AIO product. ONR + OCW/DG AW/UQW.

::Edit::

Looking back into your thread I see you are looking for a waterless wash solution and the most cost effective would be ultima, thought personally, I would not offer waterless washes to 90% of vehicles on the road due to the amount of impeded dirt and grit on the paints.

For adding a product to your normal wash, no dice. Theres nothing out there that will help with spot free rinsing and adding additional gloss. If you want streak free, you will need to use a system like CR spotless.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    Might want to look again. Specifically at the Meguiars Australia department. With that being said, Megs LT is easily one of the slickest qd/waterless washes ive used. Try it on your car and apply some tape on it afterwards and see how well it sticks.
    Last edited by Lasthope05; 05-13-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    Alan T.

Post Thanks / Like

Last week I took advantage of the BOGO for the Detailers Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss after seeing recomendations on this forum. Today, for the first time, I washed my car using a rinseless product, and WOW! - I'm sold.

I should preface this by saying that a couple of weeks ago I bucket-washed my car and sealed with Menzerna Power Lock. Then, over the last couple of weeks I used Griot's Spray On Car Wash washless wash a couple of times (first time I did a washless wash also). It looked good after the Power Lock, and then it also looked good after the Griot's washless wash (maybe slightly hazy). But today, after the DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss, I couldn't believe how shiny my car was.

I have a 2011 Subaru Outback, caramel bronze pearl color or whatever it's called, and since the car is only a little over a year old the paint is still in pretty good shape. I didn't take any pics, but I think it shined better today than the day I brought it home. Like I said, this was my first experience with DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss and as well as my first experience with any rinseless wash, so I don't know if it was the gloss agents in the DP Rinseless or a combination of the products mentioned above that were used over the last couple of weeks, but the shine was almost blinding. It only took about 20-25 minutes to rinseless wash (fast for me to wash a car, taking my time since it was my first time and wanted to be careful) so that part of it was great also.

Thanks to all of the people that recomended this product. Most of my washes will now be rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

My replies will be below in bold blue, thanks so much as always guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    ::Edit::

Looking back into your thread I see you are looking for a waterless wash solution and the most cost effective would be ultima, thought personally, I would not offer waterless washes to 90% of vehicles on the road due to the amount of impeded dirt and grit on the paints.

I won't be washing any dirty cars, only giving my show-car a once-over and quick wipe down after driving it for a few minutes once a week on the weekend's if the weather is nice. I don't like the dust that gathers on it in the garage. So, since I am not truly 'washing it' by any means, I'm just thinking of using a 300-600 gram plush microfiber with something that will offer the best of both gloss and lubricity/protection for what would simply be a 'dusting' of the car.

I was looking for whatever product would be best for this, and assumed that would be a waterless wash, although perhaps I could simply use a quick-detailer, OR, buy a concentrated waterless-wash, and really skimp on the dilution ratios, so it's almost pure for the ultimate slickness? Thoughts?

For adding a product to your normal wash, no dice. Theres nothing out there that will help with spot free rinsing and adding additional gloss. If you want streak free, you will need to use a system like CR spotless.

Bollocks. I thought for sure adding something to my usual wash solution (I use Meg's Tech Wash for now, but will start a new thread asking questions about making a switch soon as my 64oz containers run low) to condition the water making it more 'ph balanced' or neutral without the mineral deposits that can cause water spots, especially in the sun if I'm detailing a car solo and can't get to the whole thing in time before it starts to dry.

I guess I'll just stick with washing it, and then "re-wetting" it, right before walking around the car and liberally/generously spritzing it with something like a no-rinse or a QD (or even a spray wax), and then wiping that baby down with a nice plush at least 300g+ microfiber. Thoughts?

Might want to look again. Specifically at the Meguiars Australia department. With that being said, Megs LT is easily one of the slickest qd/waterless washes ive used. Try it on your car and apply some tape on it afterwards and see how well it sticks.

Believe me, I've read, and re-read, the Last Touch product description, and I just can't make heads or tails of this product's true intended specific use. Slickness is awesome, maybe it serves a purpose being added to a QD or even a waterless wash, for more protection and lubricity along with the cleaning and glossing power of those products?
    Quote Originally Posted by dmayer View Post
    Last week I took advantage of the BOGO for the Detailers Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss after seeing recomendations on this forum. Today, for the first time, I washed my car using a rinseless product, and WOW! - I'm sold.

Have you ever used any of the others to compare it to? I am really only interested in a waterless wash, because it's a more 'aggressive' product, meaning since it's intended to be used to clean a car minus the bucket, it HAS to be more lubricated and concentrated by its very nature. Like I said above, I'll only be using the WW specifically for wiping my car down while it's in the garage and dust accumulates on it. I'm very particular, and I also love to keep it sparkling clean, it's "my gardening" as I always tell friends. I keep a nice wax on it, whether spray, sealant, or hand applied carnuaba, so I just like to keep it clean and free from any contaminants while it sits there through the week/rainy weather just waiting to be driven!
    Thanks for the ongoing advice, suggestions, and help guys. One thing I like about this thread is that it has a lot of very useful information over and above the original question, which is awesome in my opinion, so as people search the forum and join they can seek out some experienced insight.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast