autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Best" (Highest Lubricity, Shine, Cleaning) Rinseless Wash?

blackfire rinseless wash and Ultima WW+ in rinseless concentrate are the best offerings IMO.

The Blackfire leaves the paint slick immediately when wiping off. Its a really amazing rinseless wash.

(FYI, neither stain wash media like ONR does)

Ultima is the most versatile because it can be used as a very effective waterless wash and rinseless. When dedicated rinseless product are not that effective as spray and wipe products.

I also picked up Garry Deans Concentrate. Its the same dilution ratio as the Ultima WW+ for spray and wipe and rinseless. and seems very similar in slickness and usage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyG View Post
    AG tossed in a sample of the new Blackfire waterless wash in my last order. Used it on my wifes 2012 magnetic gray metallic camry with VERY impressive results. I will be ordering some this week.
    Do you have to use water with this? I'm sorry guys... I really missed the ball in my original post. I will make an "edit" post immediately after this, but I meant that I'm looking for something where NO WATER HAS TO BE USED WHATSOEVER Sorry again.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: "Best" (Highest Lubricity, Shine, Cleaning) Rinseless Wash?

THREAD/ORIGINAL POST EDIT:

Sorry guys... I should have mentioned above all else, that I'm looking for something that can be/is intended to be used WITHOUT ANY WATER whatsoever.

I live in Ohio, and because of that I live within an hour or less of 70% of America's entire combined fresh water supply with the great lakes - so using water is fine and unrestricted.

The reason I sort of touched on earlier, for the waterless wash need, is because my Mustang stays so clean being a 'show car' of sorts, and is only driven perhaps once or twice per week at most - and I'm only maintaining the cleanliness between washings while it's garaged.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    I could be wrong wrong but I think the idea behind that is that when your using ONR as a rinseless wash, you have ONR + water that will be on the surface to help prevent scratches etc. But when your using ONR as a QD, the ONLY liquid thats being used to help suspend the dirt off the surface is the amount your spraying on the car. So maybe it should be a little more slick. AND if your using the ONR QD to amp up the gloss, then more ONR is required to accomplish the required gloss amperage <= I know wrong use the the word but I figured it fit well. Thats just my brainstorming on it. And I ALMOST don't use QD's at all anymore. If I want to amp gloss after a wash, I use a spray sealant or wax. If I want to remove light dust or something from the surface, I use a waterless wash which is safer then a QD.

Long story short ONR is a fantastic product and I highly recommend it.
    This was a GREAT post, and now I'm totally on the same page as you. I always enjoy learning, especially here at this forum, thank you. I somehow just connected the dots on the difference between "rinseless" and "waterless." I feel a tad silly now.

Anyway, it really interested me that you don't use QDs anymore. I really like to always FINISH (the very final step) with a QD, even after a normal wash... but I'm wide open to new ideas. The whole idea of a "sealant" has always been something I've been hesitant to support, because just the concept of the product is a little intimidating whereas it has to cure and is meant to last for months. Please let me know about the spray sealants, and if they are different and if they really add more of a pop and gloss/depth than QDs! I have been using Wizard's Mist-n-Shine for years and years, really enjoy the outcome as long as the car is already clean and pristine.

As far as waxing, I've NEVER waxed my Mustang. I bought it basically brand new. A surgery physician never drove it, and kept it in a garage... when I bought it, it was impeccable, gorgeous! One thing I will do however, is take it to Esoteric Detailing in Columbus, Ohio. Todd Cooperider, the owner there, is one of the foremost details in the world, and was named by AutoWeek as being among the Top-9 Detailers in all of the USA!

Esoteric Auto Detail in Columbus, Ohio – Restorative Detailing Services

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter09 View Post
    I love the OPTI NO rise wash. I use it as a quick detailed and a wash and when a do a full car wash I add a Lil to my reg car wash
    What's the reasoning for adding the pure concentrate to the car wash solution? I use Meg's Tech Wash by the way, thanks!!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've been using ONR v2 and must say its an amazing product for keeping the car clean. I live in an apartment so its a God send for sure and it also leaves behind a nice shine too. I also have made a gallon of it for quick detailer use, no problems there either, what a value when you consider a gallon of quick detailer is usually about $30.00 and here you can take what, 4 oz or so to make a gallon of QD and then you've got lots left over for washing cars, lots of them! I use my Griot's large waffle MF to dry the car off w/o a problem!

I'm sure the BF rinseless wash is also good but IIRC its $40.00 for a 1/2 gallon, thus meaning its twice the price of ONR. Now, I've recently purchased the BF wet diamond all paint sealant and LOVE the ease of use, ease of removal and the shine left behind. I also have their BF Crystal Seal which I haven't been able to use yet but expect great things from it too. Maybe if AG throws in a sample of the BF rinseless wash I'll give it a shot and see what's what.

Good luck to you!
    Great points about the pricing! ONR is getting a lot of love, but like I just posted a few posts above, I framed the question wrong/incomplete originally I was looking for something that involved ZERO water use of any sort - just kind of a product that would offer EXTREME LUBRICITY and gloss/cleaning power for those wipe-downs between washings.

Quote Originally Posted by SRTSean View Post
    Meguairs Express Wash (D114). Tons of cleaning power and your wash media will not get stained from the dirt.
    I should really start adding something like a rinseless wash to my buckets when I do a regular car wash from now on... it adds higher protection against contaminants marring the paint, and may even add some gloss as I wash - right?

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Are you talking about rinseless washes, or waterless washes? Rinseless washes are used in the bucket, with a washmitt or other wash media, like a conventional wash - just without a rinse afterwards; while waterless washes are spray-on and then wipe off with an MF towel. The application is different, most manufacturers have different products in the different categories, and the amount of dirt that they can deal with is also different.
    You're 100% right... I didn't really pose the question correctly/in whole. Sorry guys. I am looking for waterless wash, although it's nice to have so many excellent suggestions and information on the rinseless as well!

That's why I'm so dead set on something that has extreme lubricity, since I won't be using water - although the paint surface won't be filthy by ANY MEANS, just kind of looking for something that can remove light dust and a light covering of normal road debris after cruising around town for an hour or two before closing the garage and turning off the lights!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    blackfire rinseless wash and Ultima WW+ in rinseless concentrate are the best offerings IMO.

The Blackfire leaves the paint slick immediately when wiping off. Its a really amazing rinseless wash.

(FYI, neither stain wash media like ONR does)

Ultima is the most versatile because it can be used as a very effective waterless wash and rinseless. When dedicated rinseless product are not that effective as spray and wipe products.

I also picked up Garry Deans Concentrate. Its the same dilution ratio as the Ultima WW+ for spray and wipe and rinseless. and seems very similar in slickness and usage.
    That was a really great post mg6045! Thank you.

I have been using the Ultima Waterless Wash+ for a long time now, and love everything about it, but don't have anything to compare it to. I also buy the already diluted formula in the ready-to-use spray bottle. It looks like for pure waterless wash, I may want to go ahead and buy the super concentrate, and measure it out myself, using bottles or distilled water - right? Please let me know your suggestions for the dilution ratio if I'm REALLY looking for something that will offer the highest protection, slickness, and cleaning while giving my car a once-over with zero water, while minimizing any harm to the paint, thanks!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    ! One thing I will do however, is take it to Esoteric Detailing in Columbus, Ohio. Todd Cooperider, the owner there, is one of the foremost details in the world, and was named by AutoWeek as being among the Top-9 Detailers in all of the USA!

Esoteric Auto Detail in Columbus, Ohio – Restorative Detailing Services

What's the reasoning for adding the pure concentrate to the car wash solution? I use Meg's Tech Wash by the way, thanks!!
    I am a big fan of Todd Cooperider's work. Let us (or at least me) know how that works out.

You mentioned lubriciity in your first post. One thing I've started to do is add little bit of Meg's Last Touch to my waterless wash, rineseless wash and traditional two bucket wash applications. Get a gallon of this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detail_Dude View Post
    I am a big fan of Todd Cooperider's work. Let us (or at least me) know how that works out.

You mentioned lubriciity in your first post. One thing I've started to do is add little bit of Meg's Last Touch to my waterless wash, rineseless wash and traditional two bucket wash applications. Get a gallon of this stuff.
    Absolutely, I'll let you know about Esoteric!

As far as the Last Touch, I always wondered what that product was all about since it wasn't a QD, and was only meant to remove fingerprints before car shows. Is it basically just spray silicone for slickness? Thanks for the tip! Anything to reduce friction and possible micro-scratching!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    As far as the Last Touch, I always wondered what that product was all about since it wasn't a QD, and was only meant to remove fingerprints before car shows. Is it basically just spray silicone for slickness?
    Bump on the above... I actually spent yesterday detailing my car, unaware that Carroll Shelby had died, seemed like an ironic fitting way to spend my Friday - polishing over the Shelby parts on my Mustang.

Anyway, I'm ready to make an order now, and was still a tad unclear about what would be best for spraying my car in liquid form to wipe it down either right after a wash or between washings, to add some brilliance and avoid any micro-scratched, and at what MAXIMUM concentration?
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man, just wanted to toss my opinion in and what I usually do. In a 32oz bottle I mix 1.5 oz of ONR with distilled water, then I take couple of quarts on water in bucket with one oz or so of onr. I use about 8 or so small 6x12 microfiber towels.

The Method I found the most efficient for me.

Spray the panel down with the spray bottle mixure. Take one of my small microfibers dip it in my bucket, clean the panel and wipe and shine with a cobra mf. I DO NOT put the small MF back in the bucket, I just use a new one so water does not get dirty.

What is needed is
    1 gallon of distilled water
    1 32 oz spray bottle
    2.5 oz of onr
    6 to 10 small MF towels
    2 Cobra plush MF
    1 plastic bowl

I just tried the BF rinseless with same method and wow it has alot more lube....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast