autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Red Juice and beige carpet...

Been there over a month and I am just finding out. Decided to detail wifeys car and she has neglected to tell me our daughter spilled red juice in the back. I am rarely in her car. Anyway...

Any ideas? I've used OPC 3:1 and no go. Thinking of diluted bleach but that is really sounding like a last resort.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Red Juice and beige carpet...

google "red stain remover products" I don't know if AG has any dedicated red dye removing products or not. If not, all I can say is I wonder why not or how hard it would be to carry one. Does any body know for sure?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    google "red stain remover products" I don't know if AG has any dedicated red dye removing products or not. If not, all I can say is I wonder why not or how hard it would be to carry one. Does any body know for sure?
    Thanks! Yes Google is my friend. Here is what I found right away...

It isn't always possible to remove Kool Aid stains from carpet. All "red stains" are difficult to get out, at best. The red coloring used in pop, candy, and other foods won't generally flush out with water. A shop-vac can suck some of it out if it is used quickly, before the spill enters the carpet fibers. To get out some or all of the remaining stain takes time.

First, you need Dawn dish washing detergent - the original blue type. Put five drops in two cups of warm water. Moisten a white cotton cloth with this solution and lay it over the stain. Place a clothes iron on it, set on "low".

Leave this for fifteen minutes. Don't press down. The stain should begin to wick up into the cloth. You'll see red on the cloth. Fold it to a clean part or use a new cloth, and repeat the process.
    Some Carpet Stains Require Patience

Patience is required to get red stains out of carpet, but even year-old Kool Aid stains have been removed using this method. Just repeat the process again and again until you get no more transfer of the red stain to the cloth.
    Remember; clean white cotton cloth (several), low heat, and don't press or rub. Let the color wick up into the cloth at its own rate. Then rinse and dry the area quickly.
    At the very least, you can lighten Kool Aid carpet stains and other red stains using this technique.

Post Thanks / Like

Matrix red food dye remover. Red-B-Gone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Matrix red food dye remover. Red-B-Gone

Just looked at that. Might have to place an order if I can't find something locally. Thanks again!

Curious thought...'Iron remover'. I have some IronX on the way, both gel and spray. Anyone know if IronX will harm nylon fibers?

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that will fix your carpet is a redye
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The only thing that will fix your carpet is a redye
    That thought has crossed my mind too. Thanks for the input. I was really hoping to avoid this one though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerchuck View Post
    That thought has crossed my mind too. Thanks for the input. I was really hoping to avoid this one though.
    Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you want it to look right again, that is your only option other then replace

Red Juice should be outlawed
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you want it to look right again, that is your only option other then replace

Red Juice should be outlawed

Nah, not the bearer of bad news. Wifeys not too upset about it but if it was in my car I'd be pissed. Daughter loves the red juice, all she really cares to drink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerchuck View Post

Nah, not the bearer of bad news. Wifeys not too upset about it but if it was in my car I'd be pissed. Daughter loves the red juice, all she really cares to drink.
    I like Red Juice too, but not whilst in the car!

Redying that spot is something you could do yourself. Its not terribly difficult. Just a little time consuming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast