So, i recieved my order today! Came home from school super early so I cant test out my new gg6!

Okay, so first i would like to state that the weather is/was in the low 30s today, probably 40ish in my garage. I diluted the ONR, one for clay and one for QD. So i QD the hood, clayed it, and taped it off.

First off, I taped off a test section of my hood and started with swirl x with a 5.5 orange pad. Did six section passes 2 times with swirl x. It made a difference, but i still saw a lot of swirls and scratches (silver car so pretty hard to see imo)! So then i got frustrated, took out the 105 and did a 6 section pass, and it came out great! Could barely find any scratches/swirls except a deeper one. Awesome, so i start using m105 on the hood. Same 6 section passes. Still left slight swirls and scratches. Thought it might be okay since i was going to go m205.

After compounding the whole hood, i jumped to a white pad with m205. I could not get the rest of the swirls and scratches out! I got frustrated, cleaned the hood with IPA and just sealed it with 2 coats of nxt 2.0 and went inside (cold and frustration does not mix well). I didn't use my po85rd or blacklight as it would have been a waste and i was just testing it.

The gg6 is an awsome machine, but i tried tilting it and such when it comes to a rise in the hood, it just stops spinning (speed 5). Most of the scratches and swirls that are left are around the raised portion of the hood.

Can you all help give pointers! Was the weather too cold? Can not washing it with Dawn to strip the old LSP from it be a factor? I really didn't want to compound but swirl x was not doing much. I also think i use a decent amount of pressure (15 lbs). Wont be doing anything more to my car until the weather really warms up.

Thanks