autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Headlight Restoration Biz Need some Help

got a couple of questions

1. I told a few people I would like to do Headlight Restoration as a side business most of them told me (I can buy that Fast Brite for 10 bucks plus shipping), should I be worried about that product I never tried it but it seems to simple to even actually do what it says, I use the 3M Headlight Restoration Kit and its a process took me about 1 hour to do my lights, please check out my first headlight restoration please My First Headlight Restoration

So what do you guys think Fast Brite vs. 3M, I was planing on charging 25 dollars per lens for Car Dealerships granted that they give me cars on a regular basis and about 65 to 75 bucks for One time Customers. Please let me know what you think.

2. My second question is can I Use the 3M Headlight Restoration Kit for tail lights and other types like blinker lights also what about real glass headlights ?

any help and thoughts on both of my questions is greatly appreciated its a new business for me and just trying to do the right thing thank you and God Bless

Louie

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headlight Restoration Biz Need some Help

There is a thread in here about the fast brite. If they can do it for $10 let them. They will come to you when it doesn't work. If you can't sell your customers on the fact that your better than the fast brite than your SOL. Couldn't be hard to explain why your service is night and day better.depending on tail light condition, you might be able to get away with a compound, polish and sealant. I've personally never wet sanded tail lights. I have used it on turn signals with no problem. on glass I dont use 3m, I have a non ag brand for headlight restore.I charge $65 a set by itself and if it is with a detail I charge $45.I dont do dealer work because it doesn't pay enough and personally dont need the busy work.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that 65-75 per light for one timers? I bet most dealerships will only give you 25 for both lights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    depending on tail light condition, you might be able to get away with a compound, polish and sealant. I've personally never wet sanded tail lights. I have used it on turn signals with no problem. on glass I dont use 3m, I have a non ag brand for headlight restore.
    Just Curious why wouldn't you wet sand tail lights also can you recommend a Compound and Sealer, I was gonna go with Opti-Coat 2.0 but its a bit expensive for me right now. and what do you use for Glass headlights TIA

Louie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post
    Is that 65-75 per light for one timers? I bet most dealerships will only give you 25 for both lights.
    No its 65 to 75 bucks for both Headlights for non dealership customers, really sheesh dealerships suck, I would like to try smaller Mom and Pop type dealers see if they will go for my offer

Post Thanks / Like

I just used what I had laying around. 2000 grit wet/dry on a jitterbug air sander, polish on a 3 inch pad and some plastic protector. 2-3 bucks at the most in materials. Oh tape to protect the surrounding area.
    02 F-150 FX4. Got the goodies on the inside so the dings, dents and scratches are next. Still tuning for power. What gas mileage?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post
    most dealership say 25 to 30 because their cheap i charge 25 per car at 7 car minium. that how u get them
    Reggie"S Headlight Restoration lancaster sc/ charlotte nc area

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used what I had laying around. 2000 grit wet/dry on a jitterbug air sander, polish on a 3 inch pad and some plastic protector.