autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

what else should i get with my gg dp

I will buy the GG dual action polisher, kit GR-11120RO
    will come w/red pad,paint sealent,polish#3,clay...etc
    what else should i buy at the same time, type of pads,other product,this is my 1st polisher,i own a Black toyota sequoia,and white Cayman
    thaks for your help guys

Post Thanks / Like
    what condition is your paint in ? and what r u looking to accomplish ? scratch and swirl removal ? just a quick fix to brighten it up and get some protection on it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what else should i get with my gg dp

I'd get some rinseless wash like ONR or DP wash & gloss for use as clay lube, and some paint grade microfibres

machine polish 3 is very mild, so if your paint has swirls, you'll need something stronger and some more pads than the ones in the kit.

don't forget your free sample. Maybe get a sealant like WGDGPS
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

lots of swirl in the paint ,and minor scrath would be nice to remove

Post Thanks / Like

Toyota paint is rather hard, so I would recommend a bit more aggressive polish and some polishing pads - the red pad is for waxing. If you wanna save a few bucks, I can recommend Meguiar's Ulitmate Compound and Ultimate Polish. You can often find them on sale at Wally World or the auto stores. If you wanna go top end, then I'd try the Wolfgang "Twins" (Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Glaze) or Menzera Super Intensive Polish followed by Nano Finish (PO106). Then, if you want, jewel the paint with PO85RD - it adds a good bit of gloss. Since you seem to be new to this, I'd recommend you finish it all off with a couple coats of Menz Power Lock topped with Collinite 845.

For pads, I'd recommend you get a 6 pack of the Lake Country 5.5" Flat Pads - 2 orange, 1 white, 2 grey/black and 1 blue. Be sure to get the 5.5" pads - DA's work a bit better with those rather than the 6.5". Although many users do report that the 6.5" pads are fine with the GG. The orange pads are used with the more agressive first step polish - ie, the Ultimate Compound or SIP. The grey/black pads are used with the final polishes - UP/106/85RD. The blue pad is for waxes and sealants.

You do need to wash and clay properly before you polish, and you do need to know how to use the DA properly. See the Detailing-How-To's menu item on the forum's top menu bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    ah, h.m summed it up pretty good. forget the gg kit . ultimate line works well, I use it along with menzera. can't go wrong with powerlock and/or 845. don't forget clay .

Post Thanks / Like

Call and talk with Nick! See if you can swap the GG6 for the PCXP in this kit, Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424 Swirl-Free Kit and swap the 6.5 pads for the 5.5 maybe they will let you swap for the HT pads I refer to below? you will want the 5" backing plate because the GG comes with a 6". Add a clay bar + I'd add 2-cyan and 2-tangerine Hydro-Tech low profile pads Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads , hydrotech foam pads for water-based polishes, lake country foam pads, buffing pads I think you will want at least 3 cutting and 3 polishing pads, you only need one finish or LSP application pad. I really like the Wolfgang products that come with this kit WGDGPS3.0 is one of the nicest sealants out there! I do like the GG machine better. Add a couple more MF towels And DP Rinseless wash and gloss DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss, no rinse car wash, concentrated no rinse wash, quick detail spray, waterless wash to mix for clay lube and QD. you might also think about adding the XMT Pad Cleaner spray XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner by Pinnacle For your dual action or rotary polisher. to help with clean up. I think with this you would be off to a great start, with awesome products and will impress yourself with the results!
    Call in because Nick will be very helpful and give you great advise to steer you in the right direction!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

For a black car, you can't go wrong with Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax as your top coat (LSP). It gives a really rich wet look. There is a thread with some positive comments on it if you use the search tool. I'm about to try Blackfire White Diamond sealant next weekend. It has a reputation for leaving a slick wet shine. It's a sealant, not a wax, so it will last 4-6 months depending on conditions whereas the carnauba will only last 3-4 weeks. Enjoy the sickness!
    Best Regards,
    Scott Muscle Car Detailing - Mod and Shine
    Detailing supplies aren't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper then therapy

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Griot's DA and their polish #3. You will need more pads, at least 6. I would recommend the Lake Country flat pads. I would recommend 1 yellow, 2 orange, 2 white and 1 black. Your Griot's red pad is soft and gas no cut and is for applying waxes and sealants. You need a stronger polish/compound. I would recommend Meg Ultimate Compound. You can follow that with Griot's polish#3 and then with a sealant or wax or both. That is what I use and I get very good results.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that you might strongly consider getting a 5 in back plate. It will make it easier to correct and of course you would get that with the 5 1/2 in pads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.