autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlUE08 View Post
    here is with the d300 without d301

From the pic I still see swirls. I would try following with a LC white or light green and M205. Use moderate passes for the first 4 then light for the last couple.

If you are trying to show below the light, it still looks like there is some hazing (could just be my phone screen protector needs replacing), which would also benefit from some follow up.

As for scratches and watermarks, don't forget that some are going to be deeper even if you can't feel them. They may require more passes, spot buffs, etc. One pass may not neccessarily get 100% and in the end some are too risky to remove for a daily driver.

Sent from my Samsung Epic
    Last edited by bottlefed02; 08-09-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cannot remove swirls/water marks/ scratches

try a rotary

Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice looking 50/50 shot. It looks like all is working out well now. Someone above said "try using a rotary" DA polishers take a lot longer to get results than with a rotary. Perhaps you just expected to get faster results than are possible with a DA and foam pads. This thread (and that photo) are testaments as to how revolutionary the Meg's MF correcting system really are. That looks like beautiful paint. Keep up the good work.

here is with the d300 without d301

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bottlefed02 View Post
    From the pic I still see swirls. I would try following with a LC white or light green and M205. Use moderate passes for the first 4 then light for the last couple.

If you are trying to show below the light, it still looks like there is some hazing (could just be my phone screen protector needs replacing), which would also benefit from some follow up.

As for scratches and watermarks, don't forget that some are going to be deeper even if you can't feel them. They may require more passes, spot buffs, etc. One pass may not neccessarily get 100% and in the end some are too risky to remove for a daily driver.

Sent from my Samsung Epic

Disregard my hazing comment, on the comp it is much easier to see that those are reflections!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Regarding the hazing you think you see, its just a reflection of me (iPhone 4 camera) lol there is no hazing it looks amazing! I'm getting the hang of it quickly!

Thanks again for everyone's help and suggestions! I will post some pics after I'm done with the car completely! Wait till you see how bad the interior is in my brothers car lol, hes a mess!

Mike Phillips

Water marks arent even being removed
    If they are deep craters then it can be very challenging to carefully remove enough paint to remove them, plus risky.

Im using GG DA 6 inch with an Orange Lake country CCS 5.5 inch foam pad and meguiars #105 followed by Blue lake country CCS 5.5 inch pad with meguiars #205

One thing I do when I come across a paint system that I'm struggling to remove the defects out of is I experiment with tackling only a small section, about 16" squarish or so, basically the size of the average microfiber towel laid out.

By only working a small section you focus all the abrading ability to this area it's a really good way to trouble shoot because if you're using an aggressive compound and a cutting pad... something got to give and if the defects just are not coming out then,

• The paint is really hard
    • The defects are really deep
    • You're not pushing down hard enough on the head of the polisher
    • You're not running the polisher on the 5-6 speed setting
    • You're moving the polisher too fast over the surface

Note I'm not saying you're doing any of the above, I'm just stating those would be my first guesses at technique problems for situations when the defects are simply not being removed.

Also, for situations like this it's very helpful to use a tape-line to make it really easy to judge if you're making progress or not...

Take a read through this, see if there's anything you're missing.

DA Polisher Trouble Shooting Guide

Post Thanks / Like

While paints can definitely vary, I found the paint on my "06 Habi Si to be pretty easy to correct. The defects could just be too deep to safely remove though as Mike suggested. Good to hear the MF system is getting better results!

I miss my Si!

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Wow rasky. I love the Si's. my brother has the same exact color as yours(when you used to have it) What car do you drive now? Im always on 8thcivic im Nyhustla914 lol.
    I will post up pics i took with my canon 50D in a bit so you can see how nice it is again

Post Thanks / Like

Wow rasky. I love the Si's. my brother has the same exact color as yours(when you used to have it) What car do you drive now? Im always on 8thcivic im Nyhustla914 lol.
    I will post up pics i took with my canon 50D in a bit so you can see how nice it is again
    Thanks! Wish I had never sold it now.

I've had a '08 TSX now for the last 3+ years....it's nice but not as fun to drive as the Si was. I haven't been on the ocho in a while now....need to stop over there again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12