autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the BEST Finishing/Jeweling polish to use AFTER Meguiars 205 with a Flex or PC for that extra gloss?

I used PO85rd on my black escape with a pc on 6. In love with it and since I have a flippin huge bottle for my two cars...probably not trying anything else for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the BEST Finishing/Jeweling polish to use AFTER Meguiars 205 with a Flex or PC for that extra gloss?

Quote Originally Posted by gmck View Post

Obviously I’ve got no idea about using them on a Flex, but I’ve used those combinations on an ordinary DA and the result is pretty good. I would reckon the Flex should at least do the same. Like others have said to finish or jewel paint, I go with rotary every time.

You don’t need a lot of P085RD. Start with 4 pea size drops, but you can drop that back to half the size once the pad is primed for subsequent sections. It does take a long time to break down on a DA (much quicker on a rotary). I’m guessing here about the Flex, but I’d start at 6 with pressure and then lighten up and reduce speed to say 4 or 3. Once the film has gone translucent it is fully broken down. Don’t forget to use a pad brush each time before you add more product. You can’t expect a really top finish unless you work absolutely clean.
    I saw a noticeable difference between breakdown time from speed 5 to 5.5 (faster) on a flex with the optimum (ample using MP's definition). If you use more than enough polish you just extend the breakdown times. Once it is almost cleared up you can light off the pressure for two passes and then stop. It does not seem to be that very sensitive to over buffing (dust, mar).
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Menz 106 and 85rd are polish's that like to buff wet, and stay wet. You should not be polising until they disappear IME.

I'm surprised to see you saying that you had a hard time breaking down the polish with the FLEX ! Which is making me believe you are trying to polish till the product disappears.

Slow your speed down on the FLex (speed 3 or 4), and make 6 to 8 cross patterns with moderate to light pressure, and your done. 85 is not for correction. Its basically just to clean up the paint and refine the clarity. I think your using and treating the product wrong. It sounds like your using it like a swirl remover.

Slow speed on polisher (4/5 on DA, 3/4 on flex) with faster arm movement than normal and moderate to light pressure. 8 pass's, and wipe of wet. The polish should just lightly flash over and your done. Treat it like a glaze, not a swirl mark remover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackBMW View Post
    Can you top PoliSeal with a glaze and then a wax? Would they bond? I have both a glaze and carbuba wax that I want to use after the final finishing polish.
    I don't use glazes so I can't comment on that. Carnauba waxes shouldn't be a problem because I've topped PoliSeal with Collinite 845 with great results.
    My Versa probably looks better than yours

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superior_shine View Post
    What the heck is "jeweling"???
    Joe, you are hilarious!
    Jeweling is a term that Todd Helme coined awhile ago.

In his words and from what I recall...
    He wanted to define ultra-fine polishing with a specific term so he could gauge how long it would be before other guys started to use it.

Obviously, it didn't take long to catch on.

For guys like us, it's the same as final polishing to the finest degree.
    Hey- let's see how long it takes to make this phrase catch on:

"...I Joe'd the paint for an hour, until she was shinney' like a new penny..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    Joe, you are hilarious!
    Jeweling is a term that Todd Helme coined awhile ago.

In his words and from what I recall...
    He wanted to define ultra-fine polishing with a specific term so he could gauge how long it would be before other guys started to use it.

Obviously, it didn't take long to catch on.

For guys like us, it's the same as final polishing to the finest degree.
    Hey- let's see how long it takes to make this phrase catch on:

In all fairness Killrwheelz used the term before I did, although he was referring to using a Dual-Action polisher and lifting the pad off the paint. IME the wrong way to do it. However I had no knowledge that he actually used the term when I first started using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TH0001 View Post
    In all fairness Killrwheelz used the term before I did, although he was referring to using a Dual-Action polisher and lifting the pad off the paint. IME the wrong way to do it. However I had no knowledge that he actually used the term when I first started using it.
    Straight from the Maestro himself..!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post

Now, that IS great!

Talk about an 'inside' comment...I can see the questions now..."You what...?"

Bill

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff120 View Post
    I need to get some PO85RD, always hear how good it is. I dont really want 32 oz, do they make a smaller bottle?

dont wait any longer.... i was reading about everyone saying how good it its so i finally bought it. and wow i use it for almost every car with unbelievable results. i love this stuff, the working time, the cut and the finish.... when i have cars that dont have deep scratches or major swirls i usually only have to use this as a 1 step and the a sealant. i have a rotary so maybe that might be why it finishes better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next gen detail View Post
    dont wait any longer.... i was reading about everyone saying how good it its so i finally bought it. and wow i use it for almost every car with unbelievable results. i love this stuff, the working time, the cut and the finish.... when i have cars that dont have deep scratches or major swirls i usually only have to use this as a 1 step and the a sealant. i have a rotary so maybe that might be why it finishes better.

Can anyone explain how/why it finishes better on a rotary vs a Flex or PC?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast