autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im sure its only in 32oz bottles. I am in love with it!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the BEST Finishing/Jeweling polish to use AFTER Meguiars 205 with a Flex or PC for that extra gloss?

Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post
    Im sure its only in 32oz bottles. I am in love with it!
    I'm sure, you have a rotary and it was made to be used with a rotary.

You did say that you used it with a DA though - have you used anything better for a final polish with the DA?

Do you think PO85rd with a DA will give a slightly better finish than 205 on a grey LC pad with a DA?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the BEST Finishing/Jeweling polish to use AFTER Meguiars 205 with a Flex or PC for that extra gloss?

Anyone else?
    So I gather you quickly overcame your problem with M105/orange. What did you end up going with? Did the Cyan pad do it for you? Were you able to remove all the defects?

Personally I think the step from M105/M205 is not the best for BMW paint, too big a jump. Sure it will work, it was a standard step for me at one time, but I reckon you will get better results with an intermediate step of P0203S/Orange or White as I said in the other post. You can then follow that up with P0106FF or P085RD. These days I tend to favor P0106FF which has exactly the same gloss rating as P085RD but has a little more cut. For P0106FF I’d use either White or Green (polishing) or if you go with P085RD I’d go with Green or Black. If Black does show an improvement then try Blue.

Sometimes it can be pretty hard to pick the difference just with a test spot. You may want to complete the whole vehicle or at least half of it, and then wheel it out in the sun to really see the effect of a very fine polish like P085RD.

Obviously I’ve got no idea about using them on a Flex, but I’ve used those combinations on an ordinary DA and the result is pretty good. I would reckon the Flex should at least do the same. Like others have said to finish or jewel paint, I go with rotary every time.

You don’t need a lot of P085RD. Start with 4 pea size drops, but you can drop that back to half the size once the pad is primed for subsequent sections. It does take a long time to break down on a DA (much quicker on a rotary). I’m guessing here about the Flex, but I’d start at 6 with pressure and then lighten up and reduce speed to say 4 or 3. Once the film has gone translucent it is fully broken down. Don’t forget to use a pad brush each time before you add more product. You can’t expect a really top finish unless you work absolutely clean.

I’ve never tried UltraFina, but believe it is meant to be very similar to P085RD. Maybe others can comment who have used both.

Post Thanks / Like

PO85RD, 3M Ultrafine, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, Optimum Finish....4 polishes off the top of my head that in my experiences, definitely add something to the finish following M205.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackBMW View Post
    I'm sure, you have a rotary and it was made to be used with a rotary.

You did say that you used it with a DA though - have you used anything better for a final polish with the DA?

Do you think PO85rd with a DA will give a slightly better finish than 205 on a grey LC pad with a DA?
    Oh yea! Im sure even with a blue pad on the DA it will look better than 205 on a black pad. 205 on a black pad dosent look overall that different than 205 on a white pad imo...
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used 205, but I love Optimum PoliSeal as a finish polish for that extra pop. It also makes the paint finish super slick.
    My Versa probably looks better than yours

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    PO85RD, 3M Ultrafine, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, Optimum Finish....4 polishes off the top of my head that in my experiences, definitely add something to the finish following M205.
    I would like to see some reviews and results of Optimum especially with a DA.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I would like to see some reviews and results of Optimum especially with a DA.

+1

Can anyone compare Optimum Finishing Polish to Ultrafina and/or 85RD on a black car with a FLEX 3401 or PC????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRaizer View Post
    I haven't used 205, but I love Optimum PoliSeal as a finish polish for that extra pop. It also makes the paint finish super slick.

Can you top PoliSeal with a glaze and then a wax? Would they bond? I have both a glaze and carbuba wax that I want to use after the final finishing polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you top PoliSeal with a glaze and then a wax?
    You would normally top Poli-Seal with Opti-Seal and then top that and maintain the vehicle with Optimum Car Wax (OCW).

I wouldn't be putting a glaze over Poli-Seal - no point, if your previous correction is done correctly.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast