autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question New Guy Needs Help

Hello all. I'm about to place an order however, I would like your opinion on whether I am going the right direction before I actually place the order.

I have a 2010 Honda Accord Gun Metal in color which is now a year old. I would like to detail it but I don't think I have swirl marks in the paint. I thought I would use Pinnacle products. Would you add or subtract anything that I plan to use below? I would like to keep the cost down, but want my car to look like the ones I see here.

1.Clay Lubricant,Ultra Poly Clay
    2.Paintwork Cleaning Lotion
    3.Advanced finishing Polish
    4.Signature Series 2 Paste wax

Should I use a sealer before waxing it or is it okay the way I plan on detailing the car?

Thanks,
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Guy Needs Help

That is a very basic bit of kit to get you in the right direction for a great looking car. Do you have any type of orbital polisher like the Porter Cable 7424? The Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish is basically a final polish to bring the paint to a high gloss. If you are thinking of polishing by hand, I would maybe look at a different polish. Poorboy's world Professional Polish finishes great, and works well by hand.

Besides that, do forget a good car wash soap! The Pinnacle is a great soap, along with the SONAX or Dodo SuperNatural soaps.

You do not have to use a sealant before waxing, but with your colour, I would highly recommend throwing down a coat of Poorboy's World EX-P then the sig series II. The EX-P has one heck of a gloss level to it, and lasting protection, while the Sig Seris II will give you the warm Carnauba look and make the flake in the paint pop.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thomas,

Thank you for your help. Yes, I do have a Porter Cable 7424. Do you think I would be better off not using the advanced finishing polish and replace it with sealant?

Thanks again Thomas.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Get some microfibers!

I would change your polish to Menzerna Power Gloss or Meguiars M205 if your not looking to do a two step.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.