autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proper use of Megs #205

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    I honestly would probably go White - M205 I've had good results with this combo, then go to your Blue and Collinite. This will depend on how the paint reacts though. M205 can leave some tick marks from your DA if the paint is really soft. If you end up with a marred finish or your not happy, try following it up with your grey pad and M205. Might help.

If the car is is good condition then you don't need to use a glaze. A glaze will basically help hide the minor swirls that are in the paint but glaze doesn't tend to last very long. I personally don't like using glaze much, but there is a place for it in the detailing world.

Here is a compound chart to give you the comparison of where the polishes you have fall.

Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart

Thanks for the tip! I've seen that chart before actually and I used it as a guide to determine the polishes that I would be purchasing. I wish there's a chart also that has some sort of matching with a buffing pad.
    '10 Subaru Forester

"Laughter is an instant vacation" - Milton Berle

Post Thanks / Like

If these are the only things you have at your disposal, and you are wanting to keep it to a 1 step.

I would honestly suggest to just try the white and grey with the 205. Its hard to give specific suggestion without knowing the paint.

I would lay down a tape line on the hood. On one side try the white and on the other try the black. This will give you a very nice comarison between the two. Depending on the paint, I really think there will be such subtle difference between the two in terms of corrction and this will be the best way to check the results against each other.

Rule of thumb says to always go least aggresive first then bump it up. But in this case niether of the two are very aggresive and I think the differences will be subtle, not doing them side by side will be hard to gauge. If you end up going with white, you will bring down the grey side to match, and if you go with grey, you will just further refine the white side.

M07 has no cut. It is a pure glaze and only contains oils. You could apply this after your polishing step to fill in and hide the deeper defects the polishing step did not remove. I would use this with the softer pad of which ever you have left after polishing. So if you used white, use grey with M07, f you used grey, then use blue with m07. You may have to seal by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjgervacio View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I've seen that chart before actually and I used it as a guide to determine the polishes that I would be purchasing. I wish there's a chart also that has some sort of matching with a buffing pad.
    There isn't a chart that gives you what pad to use with what polish because really you can use any pad with any polish. Different combos give you different results.

There is this chart that gives you how the different pads align.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...son-chart.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12