autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Pad conditioning

For use as a pad conditioner, what works better, M34 Final Inspection or Last Touch?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pad conditioning

I've never used either product mentioned, but here's my opinion.

Meg's Last Touch's description talks about "polymeric lubricating agents", and that the lubricants allow dust and dirt to wipe off without scratching". Also "produces a deep, wet-looking gloss".

Meg's Final Inspection reads- "lubricant that encapsulates the dust" "The perfect lubricant when you’re working with a clay bar" "ultra-brighteners bring out the depth of the paint’s color while the shine enhancers leave a glass-like mirror finish"

In my opinion, none of the traits of either product would be particularly desirable during the corrective polishing steps. When you are in fact rubbing grit on the paint, intending to make progressively finer scratches in each step. The lubricants hinder your cutting and glossers hide the polish induced marring that you check for after each section. Not like I'm saying that using either one will ruin your whole detail or anything, far from it. Rather postulating about what's "best" for a given purpose. Either is definitely better than dry buffing but plain distilled water might actually be even better.

I use Pinnacle Polishing Pad Conditioner while polishing. It's got lubricants but surely not "encapsulating polymers" etc.. It's description says "does not interfere with the performance of any polish or wax."

For application of LSP's I'm sure it's fine. Autoglym HD likes to be primed with Fk 425, for example.